Micheal Moore (1 Viewer)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Yes that name that makes stupid white men shudder. He made us relise that Bush rigged the election, and that bush IS in iraq for oil. His movies have an element of bias, so then people write them off and dont believe them. What do you all think of micheal moores works? i personally love 'bowling for columbine' and 'farenheit 9/11', as i think contrary to popular belief, micheal moore is really on to something. What do you all think of him?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I think he's out to get rich easily. Fair enough, a lot of us are and it's not a crime.

Fact is that all the things the Bush administration has told you are one extreme and all the things Michael Moore has told you are the other extreme. The truth is inevitably somewhere in between.

I personally can't stand those people who run away with Moore's work, acting as if it's the new bible.

Not that the bible is any good, but that's another discussion.

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    You have to be wary of his little bias. But he brings to light some brilliant things.

Burke you are a Leftie? good on you. Where abouts do you exactly live? Do you own a firearm?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

Burke you are a Leftie? good on you.
    :howler: Democrats are hardly lefties, it's America FFS!! I'm a member of conservative party here in Finland, and I'm 96,756% certain than Democrats in US are more right-sided that my own party.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    He's useful that's what he is.
    Spot on. People like Moore are necessary in the US.

Why? Well, although, as previously stated here, the truth probably lies somewhere between the two sets of opinions, it appears to the outside world that there is a severe lack of credible in house criticism of anything America eminating from that side of the Atlantic. He's one of a very small group of people known outside the US that appears to be prepared to go on the record, and say what others are thinking, but don't want to either believe, or accept.

Now I'm not talking about the war in Iraq here, as there seems to be more public dissent on this issue since - well I don't know when, but about American society in general...it's as if anyone rocking the boat over there is seen as anti -American, and attacking the American dream, the American family, American pride, the American way of life, and conducting themselves in an altogether un-American way...a pink commie or something.

Moore isn't afraid to tell it like it is...or at least how he sees it as being.

I'd like to read the other sides reply to Stupid White Men, and then make up my own mind...but until then, and for the time being, I see him as good entertainment, and one of the few articulate, reasoned and loud voices battling against the wind.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I've read some rebuttals to his material and well.. they do have some points in their favor but of course it's skewed in the other direction again. If you can argue that Moore is hip on misrepresentation and lack of precision, seeing things his way to put it short, the opposite is hip on it too. At least that's my impression from reading some of it.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    He's just a counterpoint to the likes of Coulter or Limbaugh.

Like them, his arguments are completely flawed. But fight fire with fire I suppose...

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    for those of u that don't live here, in the US: I think what he has done wtih the past 2 movies is brilliant. Despite the fact that ppl think he gone to the other extreme, he has educated the american ppl. It is safe to say that the avarage american is a dumbass. They don't know the about anything outsite their little world. Most of them don't know their own president or vice president, some believe New York is the capital of the US and Toronto is the capital of Canada. So this movie has educated the ppl. How? Well, 1, they've learned that there are more killings in this country (by arms) than all countries combined!.( western atleast). What else? They've learned the corruption surroudin Bush's election; how the bin laden family is 'strangely' tied to the Bush family...and the list goes on. I believe and know that most ppl outside the US were aware of these things...but the average american joe doesn't. They're more caught with their local drama ( Scott Peterson Case, The Sniper, Michael JAckson case, Janet Jackson superbowl drama).

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    You have to be wary of his little bias. But he brings to light some brilliant things.

Burke you are a Leftie? good on you. Where abouts do you exactly live? Do you own a firearm?
    Do I live?

Find a map with West Virginia on it, I live in the Eastern Panhandle in a small town called Martinsburg.

And yes, my father is a weapons collector.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Havent watched Michael Moore. But I read in newspaper that Clint Eastwood said: If I ever were to find you filming near my home, I would kill you...Seriously (with a smile)..

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    I wont even get started on Moore. If he wasn't such a cheap bugger, I could take him seriously, but unfortunately he is a cheap bugger and imo has no credibility.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Anyone here seen "Team America: World Police"? Moore's role (or rather that of the puppet which resembles him :)) is fairly comical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)