Michael Ballack? (26 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
ESS-Juventino said:
I do thin he is a very good player. No doubt.
Only onething:

Capello play 4-4-2 and that's for sure. So we have 4 midfielder : Camoranesi, Nedved, Emrson and Vieira.

With whom you think that we should replace him?

And remember he is not a player who sit on a bench in WC year.
First of all, we are talking that Ballack is gonna come in June, when his contract expires not in january.

For that time, Nedved probably is going to retire, or leave to his contry to play for a local team, and even if he stays he will not be in the starting lineup.

After saying that, if you read previous post you have probably read that our midfield could change to give Ballack a starting place, even if we play a 4-4-2 he could play in the left (I know that he doesnt play there Burke) with a more free role going to the attack (zee Zlatan's post 2 or 3 pages ago).

Buy on AliExpress.com

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
O.k. In that case I don't think ballack is soo good in left. He is playmaker who plays behind strikers. And Nedved has renewed until 2008 2-3 months ago! So I don't think he'll retire after 2006.

And third if we got ballack on free in june after kovac and sagnol, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge will kill moggi! Better keep moggi instead of gettin ballack! ;)

Not happening! IMO.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Juventus have rejected reports that they are chasing Bayern Munich ace Michael Ballack.

Reports in Italy and Germany have suggested Juventus have joined the chase for the German international.

Ballack's future is very much up in the air with Bayern withdrawing their offer of a new deal last month when he turned down their contract proposal.

The goalscoring midfielder is out of contract with the Allianz Arena outfit next summer and it seems he may move on.

Real Madrid, Manchester United and Internazionale have all been linked with Ballack, but Juve insist they have no interest in the former Bayer Leverkusen man.

"It's an invention. We are already strong and we have nothing to improve," said Juve general manager Luciano Moggi.

"We are already competitive in this way."

Moggi also hit back at claims from Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge after the German suggested they dealt with their transfer dealings like the 'mafia'.

Rummenigge was referring to Juventus' pursuit of Bayern defender Willy Sagnol, with the Frenchman widely expected to move to Turin on a free transfer next summer.

Moggi has aimed a swipe back at Rummenigge, insisting Bayern should concentrate on trying to keep their players happy rather than criticise other clubs.

"He lost an occasion to shut up. Rummenigge is wrong in being worried," added Moggi.

"Everyone has his policy. In attacking us, he undirectly attacked the way he works because if a player who will be a free agent wants to leave, it means the club did their job in a bad way."

-Sky Sports

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Not that much perhaps, but then again we'd have got him for nothing.

Anyway I was just playing around, even the idiots at Real wouldn't pay for a player who was available on a free just a year ago.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Zlatan said:
I disagree, they arent really similar and they can work together. How do Makelele Lampard and Essien work together at Chelsea?
Makelele= Emerson
Lampard= Ballack
Essien= Viera???
It works only cause he has reduced essien to the right wing on behalfe of S.Right-Philips. Even more Viera, Emo and Ballack are all ball winners. That is also a big difference. I would not wanna see them together in a lineup. And for once Andy is out ridin´ his new bike...

Mar 8, 2004
singing of ballack to juve, would be a great singning. he is good player and add more of his talent to the bunch of talents we already have. he is aggresive. and a achiever whom we will love to see in juventuz squad.

Apr 12, 2004
Holygr4le said:
Makelele= Emerson
Lampard= Ballack
Essien= Viera???
It works only cause he has reduced essien to the right wing on behalfe of S.Right-Philips. Even more Viera, Emo and Ballack are all ball winners. That is also a big difference. I would not wanna see them together in a lineup. And for once Andy is out ridin´ his new bike...

Ballack is more than just a ball winner.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Of course he is. Christ. It is like I have to prove my excellent tactical skills in every post.
*irony*

IMO it would be to much of the “good” to play with him in juve. Just look at the English NT. Huge problems with Lampard and Gerrard at the pitch together. Add Rooney (I know he is a forward) and Beckham (yeah, he´s a winger) among others and the harmony is gong as in badaboom.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Holygr4le said:
Makelele= Emerson
Lampard= Ballack
Essien= Viera???
Essien doesn't play right wing for Chelsea...he hovers around the right side of the pitch and even comes back parallel with Makelele sometimes. Either Duff or Robben stays on the flank most of the time, and Lampard usually is the one supporting the attack most often. With Ballack, Vieira, and Emerson it would work almost exactly the same way..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Essien doesn't play right wing for Chelsea...he hovers around the right side of the pitch and even comes back parallel with Makelele sometimes. Either Duff or Robben stays on the flank most of the time, and Lampard usually is the one supporting the attack most often. With Ballack, Vieira, and Emerson it would work almost exactly the same way..
I can see Vieira doing what Essien does (and better if he bothers), and Emerson is IMHO a better DM than Makelele anyway, but for all his fine qualities, Ballack strikes me as someone who works better playing deep, only getting forward when oppertunity knocks. Lampard basically sets up camp 25 yards out.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Milan have played down speculation that they could be set to make a move for Bayern Munich maestro Michael Ballack.

The future of the German international has been the subject of intense scrutiny ever since it was revealed that he had yet to agree terms on a new contract.

Ballack is a free agent in the summer and a hosts of clubs including Manchester United are believed to be circling with interest but, following Juventus' denial of interest, Rossoneri chief officer Adriano Galliani has followed suit.

Despite being an advocate of Ballack's talents, Galliani concedes the Serie A side are well stocked in the midfield department.

"Ballack? Milan don't court him, although he's a great player," explained Galliani.

"In that role we are absolutely covered with Rui Costa and Kaka."

Galliani similarly denied interest in another contract rebel, Roma's Antonio Cassano.

The Italian international would appear to be seeking an escape route from Stadio Olimpico after rejecting a number of contract offers but Giuseppe Meazza is an unlikely destination.

"Cassano? I reaffirm in January there won't be market operations either in or out of the club," added Galliani.

-Sky Sports

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
mikhail said:
I can see Vieira doing what Essien does (and better if he bothers), and Emerson is IMHO a better DM than Makelele anyway, but for all his fine qualities, Ballack strikes me as someone who works better playing deep, only getting forward when oppertunity knocks. Lampard basically sets up camp 25 yards out.
What I think would happen is Ballack would take a spot on the left side of midfield, and like he does for Germany he would sometimes roam out towards the left flank and then cut in towards the center where he could use his blistering shot. Very similar to how Nedved used to cut in towards the center and score a lot of goals just outside the box, and I could really see Ballack doing the same thing.

Vieira would take Essien's role on the right and also through the center, so I think this looks brilliant IMO.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
RochemBeck said:
What I think would happen is Ballack would take a spot on the left side of midfield, and like he does for Germany he would sometimes roam out towards the left flank and then cut in towards the center where he could use his blistering shot. Very similar to how Nedved used to cut in towards the center and score a lot of goals just outside the box, and I could really see Ballack doing the same thing.

Vieira would take Essien's role on the right and also through the center, so I think this looks brilliant IMO.
I don't entirely agree. I don't think that would create enough. I like Camo, but he's no Duff or Robben (last year's version :wink:). Still, I wouldn't be too concerned if it happened.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, each to his own I guess. However, with Nedved's form this season, you could stick Kovac out on the left wing and he would create just as much as this elderly Pavel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)