Michael Ballack? (9 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Real Madrid's Zinedine Zidane wants Michael Ballack to join the Spanish giants even though it would mean increased competition for him.

Real or Chelsea could swoop for the 29-year-old Bayern Munich man after Manchester United ruled out a move.

"If there is someone with the qualities for Real Madrid, then that is Ballack," Zidane told German newspaper Bild.

"I won't give up my place that easily, but we would welcome him with open arms. He is in great form this season."

Ballack had been strongly linked with a summer switch to Old Trafford and the club even held discussions with his representatives.

But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson cooled on the German international because he was too similar to Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes.

Ballack is out of contract with the Bundesliga champions this summer and has not agreed new terms with the club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4478262.stm

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has ruled out a move for Bayern Munich's Michael Ballack in the January transfer window.

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said Ballack's agent had offered the player to both Real Madrid and Chelsea.

But Mourinho said the 29-year-old did not feature in his plans - and insisted he was not looking to make any signings in the January transfer window.

"I am not even thinking about other players. I don't want players in the open market in January," said Mourinho.

"I don't want players because at this moment I am just concentrating on my squad."

The German international's contract with Munich expires next summer.

Rummenigge said on Thursday that he had been in touch with both Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon.

Real Madrid's Zinedine Zidane has said he wants Ballack to join his team even though it will mean increased competition for him.

"If there is someone with the qualities for Real Madrid, then that is Ballack," Zidane told German newspaper Bild.

"I won't give up my place that easily, but we would welcome him with open arms. He is in great form this season."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4478262.stm

poor guy, who's gonna end up signing him? :shocked:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)