Miccoli rejects Juve return (1 Viewer)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Miccoli rejects Juve return
Thursday 14 October, 2004

Fiorentina’s Fabrizio Miccoli has become the latest player to rule out a January return to Juventus.

The forward is currently on loan in Florence but insists he won’t be heading back to Turin to solve their striker crisis.

"I don’t want to talk about it as I’ll be staying with Fiorentina until the end of the season at the very least," he told Tuttosport.

The Bianconeri are short of attackers after David Trezeguet was ruled out for three months with a shoulder problem.

"Trezeguet’s absence will be felt but I know that Alex Del Piero will soon be back in action," continued the 25-year-old.

"I’m sure that with his return to full fitness, Juventus will resolve their offensive problems."

Miccoli’s statement comes just a day after Marcelo Salas’ agent maintained that the club wouldn’t recall his client.

The Chilean international is currently on loan with Argentine giants River Plate.

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We don't need Miccoli, it's as simple as that. Even if sending him to Florence was a mistake, I don't agree with taking him back, not in January anyways.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
:DHahahahga...well I definately think we need atleast one other striker..miccoli would have been great right now, but lets face it it wouldn't have worked out...
So we'll probably get Owen who's currently very much in form...(if he were a defender):D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
We don't need him?? Yeah right. We have a tapin merchant and an overrated has-been as our attack and we don't need him?

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
With that attitude of his, I don't want him to return either.
Agree,

nothing better(for him and club) if he'll back and play without JUVE's heart.

and...

That's true like him said, after Treze. be back where is Miccoli position? on the bench!!!! who's want to seat that?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well contrary to the general opinion here i'm all for getting miccoli back.

this might turn out to be the smartest move we could pull off.the kid's got talent,plus we already own half of him.

in any case the worst we could do is drag this.either we buy him back or sell his other half.hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another salas case.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think we ruined the relationship between miccoli and the club. add maresca to that. you cant treat players like Moggi treated miccoli and maresca. its just not right.

is miccoli the player juve needs? trezeguet is out until the end of january, this means if miccoli returns, does he really get to play or is he 4th choice again?

Miccoli could have a great future, but as long as del piero, trezeguet and Zlatan are there, he isnt going to return to sit on the bench, even though he can be the player to take over del piero in the near future if he was given that chance.

you can mention miccoli, read rumours about cassano joining or others joining, but i think as long as del piero is there, no player with potential to take his place will get his chance, hence, they wont join.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
even though he can be the player to take over del piero in the near future if he was given that chance.
That's a big if, and as we all know, the simple truth is it ain't gonna happen. You're right about ruining the relationships with the players, because Moggi may think that it's all about contracts and deals, but I don't think many players would put their trust in a club that tosses players around like spare change and shows so little faith in them. Even Maresca, who waited so long for his chance, only to be loaned out as soon as things are looking up for him, looks like having no future with Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)