Miccoli rejects Juve return (2 Viewers)

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
Miccoli is a great player. However, as previously stated, his attitude can be a little inapproriate. I'd like him to have a chance at Juve. But he'd have responsibilities.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
if he can learn to be more patient and wait for his chance(which would come in 2 years time at the most) i wouldn't mind him in the team at all.he'd be a very good backup player and really add depth to the team.how many quality subs do we have on the bench now anyway?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Miccoli needs to prove himself now at fiorentina. its his career at stake now, if he wants to show he can take over del piero, then he better perform well now.

he is great? he had a good season at perugia and played some good games for juve, nothing great though. are we overhyping him? he has the skills, we know that, but sometimes all show and no go isnt what the likes of moggi and capello want.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

he is great? he had a good season at perugia and played some good <a target games for juve, nothing great though. are we overhyping him? he has the skills, we know that, but sometimes all show and no go isnt what the likes of moggi and capello want.
but he hasn't even had many chances,and when he has he hasn't exactly disappointed either.

he deserves a second chance if he wants one.after all moggi shouldn't have treated him like he did.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
shipped him out when he never did anything wrong for the team?maresca too.
be real, you know very well that Miccoli wasnt comfortable on the bench, he was beginning to make trouble, so the best thing was to "ship him out", when it comes to Maresca it was obvious it had to do with Emerson's arrival plus that everyone knew that Blasi was favourised by Capello, its enough with Tacchi and Appiah on the bench.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
maresca would've done better than blasi would,obviously.

about miccoli he was only upset when the club wanted to sell him,he was ready to fight for his place but was disappointed when "the club decided to sacrifice him instead of del piero'.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well blasi may be better suited to that role but i have no doubts that maresca is the better player overall.he's done well with the chances presented to him last season and deserved to stay if he wanted to,which he did.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    maresca would've done better than blasi would,obviously.
    I disagree. Blasi is playing better atm, and it's good that we kept him instead of Maresca.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    but that's only because blasi is being employed as a DM,something maresca is not.

iuliano would do better in central defence than zlatan ibrahimovic,but that doesn't mean he's the better player.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

I disagree. Blasi is playing better atm, and it's good that we kept him instead of Maresca.
    Playing better than what?
    Than Maresca would have?? You can not know.
    Than Maresca is playing at the moment? You can't say that either: Maresca has been injured for a while now and even if Maresca would underperform you can never know how he would have performed for Juve this season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Blasi and Maresca are two different players.

Miccoli leaving because Zlatan joined doesnt bother me as such. no one would have thought trezeguet and del piero would be out this ealry in the season. But zlatan offers creativeness, and scores goals as well as being a target man. Miccoli leaving is understandable.

However, Maresca is different. he is the only natural player who could have taken over Emerson or been back up to emerson. Appiah still doesnt cut it like Maresca did.

I Maresca leaving was the biggest mistake in the transfer market. He offers so much as a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)