Miccoli goes under the knife (2 Viewers)

TroGeee

Jun 3, 2003
Miccoli goes under the knife Sunday 31 August, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus star Fabrizio Miccoli was rushed to hospital for surgery after a bout of appendicitis.

The former Perugia ‘pocket striker’ played the first half of Juve’s 5-1 win over Empoli this afternoon.

After the game club doctors discovered a “suspected appendicitis” and urged to keep a close eye on the situation.

The medical staff was worried enough to force Miccoli out of the Italy squad for next week’s Euro 2004 qualifiers.

His condition deteriorated as Sunday wore on and reports emerged that the 24-year-old was in surgery at Turin’s Fornaca clinic.

Juventus revealed the operation lasted 30 minutes and he will be kept in hospital for three days.

It is expected he will be able to resume training in a fortnight, so he'll be out of action for at least three weeks.

Also, on juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
I hope he get well soon....

But Raul had the same of Miccoli...and he stay aroun 20 days out ...
anyway i hope Miccoli recover soon....

Byez

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
:dazed: oh! what news for me! The match ended @ 11pm where i am.... went to sleep..... Micoli looked fine on the pitch.... wake up and then this news!!!!! :eek:

oh well, wish him all the best and hopes he will recover faster :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Get well Miccoli....

It's very dangerous if the appendicitis bursts....My friend was in critical condition when his burst just as he got to the hospital.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
hope that everything will be ok in just couple of weeks so he will miss just 1 game, as because of the internationals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)