Mexes in Old Lady link (5 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Maybe his head was somewhere else(Turin?). He played a bad game(a la Legrottaglie) and scored an own goal(a la Ferrari). ;)
Ferrari scored an own goal a few weeks back too. It means nothing. Even if Mexes had a bad game, surely it doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him given the opportunity

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I don't think Ferrari is Juve material and I just pointed out that Mexès had a bad game.

Don't think that he will be the saviour of our defensive problems. I wanted him to play with Juve for years but I'm afraid that the problem is far worse than the bad plays of our defenders. They don't help but you need people in midfield to help them and a new coach for a new source of inspiration and a new system.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #406
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

I don't think Ferrari is Juve material.
    Then who is? Ferrari is easily one of the most promising central defenders in Italy and maybe even Europe atm, and we need defenders badly - it's not like if we're only gonna bring in one.

Imo Ferrari would be very good for us as he's proven in Serie A, is a good leader even though he's still young, and is faster than all of our current defenders bar Zambrotta. Plus, Juve and Parma have a very good relationship and Ferrari would come for 5m or less because of Parma's financial situation.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    IMO nobody talks about them but Cribari, Kroldrup could be great acquisitions for Juve and won't cost an arm.

Mt first choice is Mexès for sure. Squillaci is good also. Look at Milito, Burdisso and Yepès. They are great defenders. One thing not in their favour is that they never played in serie A.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #408
    No-one talks about Cribari and Kroldrup because they're not as good as Ferrari. That's my opinion anyways.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    I respect your opinion but watch them next time. They are not as bad as you think. They play in weaker teams and get less visibility.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I think Per Kroldrup has a lot of potential. He played well today leading Udine's defense, SHUTTING OUT Milan when they could secure the title. Kroldrup is a strong defender who reminds me of Tudor. I would be very happy signing Kroldrup as well as Mexes and Ferrari. This would be a very good back line for years to come:

Kroldrup----Mexes----Ferrari

Ariel prowess with Per K, Nesta-like skills of Mexes, and leadership with Ferrari. Great back line and relatively cheap.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Jeezus Mark, I agree with you on everything! Same ideas on the back line, and same idea that we NEED a true creative midfielder like VDV or Rosicky! Nice to know that someone agrees with me.

I really like that back three! Those 3 players, along with Pedretti and VDV, as well as Gilardino and we would have a great team for years to come.

Aug 1, 2003
    That'd be a crazy person! :D

I'm with Stu on this one, Ferrari is just awesome to me. I've been particulary watching for him past few seasons since I can remember and all he did was get better and better. Plus, he's Italian, that somehow makes me feel more secure :)

But Mark DOES have a point. I still want mexes, and I think he's great, but I wonder how he'll do in Serie A with the change of situations and everything.. hopefully won't be a problem though.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    mark,burdisso's superb!:)

certainly wouldn't mind getting him into the team along with ferrari and mexes,although there are doubts as to whether he will adapt.

imo he could be as good as squillaci/ferrari so getting him for a giveaway price would be a masterstroke by moggi.

wong ka yan

Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
    It's great reading!!! I just hope it happens!
    i must ask a question:

is he a talented player?? in hong kong , someone said he is just only another Upson..................:groan:
    i havent watched any Auxerre game......:down:

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #419
    Who? Mexes? Sure he's talented! He's easily one of the most promising central defenders in Europe atm. The fact that Juve, Roma, Inter, Man U, and Real Madrid are interested in him speaks for itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)