Mexes in Old Lady link (6 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
Serie A beckons for Mexes Friday 16 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auxerre’s Philippe Mexes is set for an Italian switch after his agent revealed that Roma and Juventus are interested.

"There is a 50 per cent chance that one of those clubs will sign him," stated Olivier Jouanneaux.

"There have been suggestions that Liverpool are also keen but there is no truth in those claims."

The 22-year-old is considered as one of the most promising defenders in Europe and he’s been associated with Serie A clubs for some time.

"Roma have been after him for years," added the representative. "Even before he really became famous.

"As for Juventus, they are one of the most prestigious clubs in European football and they are looking to strengthen their defence.

"Philippe will decide in his own time even if we will have to wait and see what Auxerre’s intentions are."

The youngster, who may feature for France at the 2004 European Championships, has also been associated with Manchester United.

Meanwhile, Middlesbrough have joined numerous Italian clubs in the chase to sign River Plate striker Fernando Cavenaghi.

"They’ve asked me about him," said agent Nestor Sensini. "But three Russian sides as well as Milan, Juventus and Torino are also interested."

haha maybe we can get him, if he ****ing picks roma, ill ****ing eat my hat!

Cave want by boro :rofl: why would he go there, we had better get our asses in gear.

Square

Oct 6, 2002
well between roma and juve i REALLY doubt roma will get him. moggi just will not let it happen. finally, the bitterness between moggi and sensi has positive results! :rofl:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Serie A beckons for Mexes Friday 16 April, 2004

"They’ve asked me about him," said agent Nestor Sensini. "But three Russian sides as well as Milan, Juventus and Torino are also interested."
Since when Sensini is an agent? :confused:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #290
    We're getting Mexes, we're getting Mexes, and Ferrari too! And Ferrari too!

Sing along guys :D

Jul 28, 2002

just rumours tho :D

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
    For the record- I think it's more propable that we get one of the two + Gonzalo Rodriguez, and that would still be awesome considering our troubled finances.

Mexés remains priority number one though. At least in my opinion.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    the rumours have been going round for the longest time,i'd be really disappointed if he doesn't make it to juve next season:down:

deep down i know the chances of us getting him are actually much slimmer than we all think:frown:

Jul 28, 2002
    im currently a mexes fan, recokon he is class, and the french love him. I reckong he and gonzo could form such a classy defensive partnership!!

But yes it is slimmer than we think, the chance of geting mexes is actually quite small.

Regarding, the song.................

:D:D:D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #300
    From what I've heard Ferrari is virtually ours, so if we can get Mexes as well, our defence would be much improved for next season. I don't see it as an impossible task either, as if it comes down to us and Roma I think Mexes would find it hard to turn us down, especially knowing that he could walk into our starting line-up and get settled in easily thanks to the help of his fellow Frenchies; Kapo, Thuram, and Trezeguet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)