Metal (1 Viewer)

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    there are lots of metal genres,
    some are very weird, others agressive, others so dark, it depends, and maybe in some cases, the metal bands have singers that scream a lot and, for someone that is not acostumbated to listen this kind of music could be very frightening.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    its beyond me why anyone would like this sort of music I'm afraid. Its all just shouting and screaming to my ears :D
    Well i like this music because, the band members of the metal bands,in most of the cases are truly musicians, proffesionals.
    To be a renowned metal player, you must be very, veery good.
    You must know knoledge about jazz, blues , classical, and things like that.
    Is not just to take an instrument and let the "music flows" because this is the term that the new rockers use, the guys of the "nu bands" like linking park and some bullshit.

I dont think that the guitar player from sum41 or the guitar player from Linking park have chances against this guys.

Is not only like a bunch of rappers with an audiotrack in the back, singing , when in the most of the cases they even dont know in which tone they sing.

But this is a very deep matter that cant be justified by words,, its very complex.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    That's very true Hydde, and I would say most of the talented guitarists and musiscians in the world are in Metal or Jazz.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    Of course dude, especially jaz,, IMO,
    Jazz and classical, are the most difficult styles.

Flamenco and Brazilian guitar sounds are very complex too.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    I like heavy metal dude!! thanks god someone liten metal here!.

Yeah dream teather is one of the best,,maybe the best band out there....but my fav band is the brazilan called "ANGRA".

maybe you have listened them.

i like irons,gamma ray, royal hunt, symphony x, nightwish, xjapam, rhapsody, and a lot more!!.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++
    who like heavy metal?

Dream theatre, god forbid, arch enemy etc.

i also have a band! this is my bands website:

http://www.geocities.com/azurath1/

tell me what you think about it.
    I can see you like death metal bands, well thats not my style but i know that that bands are good too.

I like bands like "IN Flames" and "Cradle of filth" a little...

I like gamma ray too.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Yeah dream teather is one of the best,,maybe the best band out there....but my fav band is the brazilan called "ANGRA".
    I don't care that much for Dream Theatre, they're superb musicians but I don't think their songs are that good, IMO they lack chemistry.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    I think the same than you tarmprop`...

they cant be the best, and the guitar maestro petrucci is maybe unbateable, but their songs are too , how can i say it, i dont know. They effort so much in demostrate how good thay are, tham they lost feeling on their songs.

That is because i like angra,,,,,they are one of the best,, and because they are latins, their sound is very peculiar, so diferent from the european bands.

Helloween(80´s) is another good band

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by skiznigit ] ++
    download this:
    Yngwie Malmsteen - hot guitar solo

in my opinion he is the best guitarist in the world
    Ahh I've heard him first time when I was looking for "Dream on" in different performances and I came accross him by chance.
    I've downloaded few other things played by him. But somehow I can't used to tune of his guitar :undecide:

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    This is my Opinion about who are the great guitar maestros.....

Jimmy hendrix, cuz he is the inspirations of so many good guitar players from today.

-Rhandy Roads:With Ozzy Ozbourne, this young guitarrist was exceptinally good, a wiz in the chords, he became a legend of rock wioth his ozzy´s song "crazy train" (i just love this song).

-Yngwie Malsteem: This guy at the gae of 21 released one of the most famous cds ever "Rising Force". Combining classical musik with metal, he was the begginer of the neo-classcial musik in the early 80´s.

-Steve Vai: Just listen a song of stevie called "heavy metal symphony". Nothing more to say.Another prodigious in the chords

-Joe Satriani: I dont know a lot from joe, but i know he is one of the best.

-Eddie Van halen: yeah the old rocker, he is the idol of a lot of guitarrist of our days.Famous for his crazy and perfectly executed tappings, and author of a lot of heavy metal technikes that are commnly used by today´s guitarrist. One of the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From our days i can say some names:

-John Petrucci(Dream theater): Suppposedly the best guitarrist of the "new" metal bands. A guitar maestro.

-Timo Tolkki(stratovarius): the fat guy from sweden, yeah he is very fast, but he is very repetitive too.

-Kiko Loureiro(Angra): The combination of a zamba player with a head banger and classic musik!. He is not the best!, but is my favorite.

NOTE:_
    (the names are not in skill order, cuz i dont know who is the best)

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    I haven't heard Angra, any songs to recommend? :)
    From Angra??

well there are a lot,, ill tell some:
    -Nothing to say
    -Carry On
    -Time
    -Metal Icarus
    -Millenium Sun

Hey guys, tell some names of good death metal bands!, there must be some good bands out there!.

I have heard tritania! they are good!, try a band calles nightwish! they are more or less the same, but less darker.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++

Ahh I've heard him first time when I was looking for "Dream on" in different performances and I came accross him by chance.
    I've downloaded few other things played by him. But somehow I can't used to tune of his guitar :undecide:
    -

he is very good ally!!

but one of the most egopcentric in all the world!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    He sure is.
    I recently read a joke about him:
    What's the difference between Yngwie Malmsteen and God. God doesn't think he's Yngwie Malmsteen.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    -

he is very good ally!!

Yes I know that he is very good and I don't underestimate him.
    But somehow I don't feel to convinced to tune or sound of his guitar, it's too high, or I really don't know. Just not my type.

And call me vitoria or vit please :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)