Metal (3 Viewers)

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #202
    I downloaded a Cd from Blind guardian called "a night at the opera".....wow that cd just kick ass!. My fav songs are "battelfield" and "Precious Jerusalen".

I did a mix of songs from the band called "Royal Hunt". My fav song form RY is "tearing down the world". The keyboard player plays a very cool classical oriented style. Anyone here who played a game called "Castlevania" on super nintendo and nintendo will remind that by this song.

Listened lot of songs from Dream theter!. and their side project called "Liquid Tension Experiment" (an intrumental band". Wow this guys rocks!!! LTE have a song called Acid Rain, is just pure class!.

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
    royal hunt's tearing down the world kicks ass!!! try also the song "message to your god"

I don't like very much DT but I like the song "wait for the sleep"

anyone heard "Iced Earth" ?

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #204
    Iced earth is not the bandfrom the same guy of gamma ray??

wait for sleep is cool :)

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #206
    Freddom call, ill dowload some of them...they are like royal hunt???

IM downloading now message to god.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #208
    hey im listening message to god!! is cool!!

Download "flight"!

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #210
    yeah i alreadu have downloaded some songs...i like warriors

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #212
    Hehehe again-....

dudes you have to listen Bldn Guardian´s "A Night at The Opera"

hey i like this cds more and more everyday!!!. The song "battlefield " is one of my fav,,,and its very cool,, with some battle choirs and a great great solo....

-" Under the Ice"...i like thios song a lot!
    -"The lord of the rings".......its a ballad,,and talks about all the rings and how they were distributed in the different lands,,,but a voice says that he have the main ring..
    -"Sadisctic Destiny": I looove this song!! cool cool
    -"Precious Jerusalen": i Have not searched for the lyrics of this songs,,,but is my fact...it talks about the savior and jesus and bal bla bla on jerusalen....GREAT solo.

Try this one headbangers!!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Attention all metal freaks!

I want to clear out what actually is metal.

I listen to Metallica quite a lot but only to songs like "Fade to black", "One", "Nothing else matters" and "Enter Sandman".
    As I understand it Metallica is a thrash metal band and that Nirvana and Slayer should be placed in the same cathegory. I have listened to some of Metallicas early stuff and it was a lot "harder" than their more previous songs (skip St. Anger). I consider songs like "Fade to black" and "Enter sandman" as more or less regular rock songs, while I think "St. Anger" and "Battery" metal songs. You should know more about metal than me so can you tell me if I'm wrong here?

And the most important question is:
    Is "Reload" a metal album?
    If yes, what kind of metal is it? Thrash?

Are they still a thrash metal band or do you think they have developed in some direction?

All answers appreciated...

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

I listen to Metallica quite a lot but only to songs like "Fade to black", "One", "Nothing else matters" and "Enter Sandman".
    As I understand it Metallica is a thrash metal band and that Nirvana and Slayer should be placed in the same cathegory. I have listened to some of Metallicas early stuff and it was a lot "harder" than their more previous songs (skip St. Anger). I consider songs like "Fade to black" and "Enter sandman" as more or less regular rock songs, while I think "St. Anger" and "Battery" metal songs. You should know more about metal than me so can you tell me if I'm wrong here?

Are they still a thrash metal band or do you think they have developed in some direction?

ahaa, so you also watched Sverige 1 or 2 the other day, that metal programme ;) They talked alot about thrash metal...

Anyway, Nirvana shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread. It was grunge, and had absolutely nothing to do with Metallica or other of that nature.

Slayer shouldn't be mentioned at all. How they ever got big is complete frikkin' mystery. Nothing but rubbish music...

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

ahaa, so you also watched Sverige 1 or 2 the other day, that metal programme ;) They talked alot about thrash metal...

Anyway, Nirvana shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread. It was grunge, and had absolutely nothing to do with Metallica or other of that nature.

Slayer shouldn't be mentioned at all. How they ever got big is complete frikkin' mystery. Nothing but rubbish music...
    Yeah, Musikbyrån is one of the best shows ever made. How come you watch swedish television?

According to James Hetfield himself it was Nirvana, Slayer and Metallica that started the thrashmetal era.

I guess the reason Slayer got big was because they were pretty original, that doesn make them good but anyway...

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #216

"Nothing else matters" and "one" are from their melodic trash songs...but metallica have another trahs songs that are not so melodical,,and are pure trash metal..you can find some in the "master of puppets" album and in the "kill em all" album

Well i think i can give my 2 cents here...

Mteallica´s "reload" was made in his decadency years... and is a music between metal and rock,,, something like that. It is a little heavier that loaded.

From the last album,,well i dont know.. i dont liked saint anger because it was a song with no feeling...and didint had the metallica´s trash metal...but with such feeling in songs like "One".

Nirvana, as kaliman said... is no way near metal...and i dont know why hetfield is saying such kind of things. Slayer is trash metal(though i dont like their style, there are a lot of people who love slayer) with metallica, Nirvana is grunge.

Metallica´s "Black Album" can be considered as their last "metal" album.
    It seems like in saint anger their are playing trash again....but it have no solos , i cant understand it...they said that it was because an album dont need complex solos to be a masterpiece,,,but the truth is that even their old trash songs had more feeling, and those songs from st anger , it sems that they did it with no will, and with lazyness because is a lot of noise.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, Musikbyrån is one of the best shows ever made. How come you watch swedish television?

According to James Hetfield himself it was Nirvana, Slayer and Metallica that started the thrashmetal era.

I guess the reason Slayer got big was because they were pretty original, that doesn make them good but anyway...
    Cuz you swedes make better television... a younger perspective on things. The danish channels are either to old/boring or for braindead assholes with no life :D And don't get me started on our so called music programmes... nothing but pop. pop and pop.
    All though you do "steal" our TV shows... Taxa, Nikolaj & Julie etc. ;)

ok ok, then thrash metal is a pretty broad genre, if you what I'm saying.

I guess Slayer was original, but like you said. That doesn't make them good. I didn't like Anthrax either. I'm more into Metallica, ACDC and such... ACDC is probably way to old to be mentioned here though :D

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #218
    Right now im listening a band called "Demons & wizards"!!

Hey is the same vocalist of Blind guardian!!! (geoff tate i think is his name)... and i loves the weird voice he have!!!.

Ill download more songs of demons and wizards...and as far i have seen is very very cool! :D

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

ok, now i'm getting angry :D
    in 1986 was released certain album called reign in blood which is a complete masterpiece and it took metal into next level in terms of intensity and aggression

np: nile - serpent headed mask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)