Metal, in all shapes and sizes (3 Viewers)

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Yep. And looking at it from an enginneer’s perspective; Modern metal sounds all the same. It’s the same sounding distortions, same drum sounds. It lost its rawness a long time ago. The mixing on this video is just proof of that. Generic as can be. I call it the power metal syndrome.

I like the people on this video though and the dude from Coheed and Cambria did a great job.
"Modern" metal sounds like djent-nu metalish with emo vocals.
Meeh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Whenever I need to get out of my own head, and just need an hour of music, I almost always turn to this album. Easily my favorite rock album of all time, from a group that is in my Mt. Rushmore of rock groups

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we had a queensryche tribute band back in high school. while o:m is their best record, this, empire and promised land are all magical on their own right. saw them last summer with the new singer, i screamed my lungs out. underrated band.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
we had a queensryche tribute band back in high school. while o:m is their best record, this, empire and promised land are all magical on their own right. saw them last summer with the new singer, i screamed my lungs out. underrated band.

Rage for Order is my 2nd favorite. I just love that album. The Futuristic sound on that album. When you hear it in 7.1 surround, it's even better. It was the first cassette that I bought that had the clear casing. I saw them opening for Ozzy on The Ultimate Sin tour when they were touring for this album. Blew Ozzy off the stage that night. On my 17th Birthday, no less

I actually met Geoff around 8 years ago at a wine tasting when he was promoting his Insania label of wines

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second.

@swag is a fan of the Ryche?

Well then, good sir, this one is for you.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Rage for Order is my 2nd favorite. I just love that album. The Futuristic sound on that album. When you hear it in 7.1 surround, it's even better. It was the first cassette that I bought that had the clear casing. I saw them opening for Ozzy on The Ultimate Sin tour when they were touring for this album. Blew Ozzy off the stage that night. On my 17th Birthday, no less

I actually met Geoff around 8 years ago at a wine tasting when he was promoting his Insania label of wines

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second.

@swag is a fan of the Ryche?

Well then, good sir, this one is for you.

Haha, I knew about Bellevue, WA earlier than most. I even bought the Queensryche self-titled EP on cassette when it was the only thing they had out. :D

First heard them on one of the best high school radio stations in America, WARG in Summit, IL.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Haha, I knew about Bellevue, WA earlier than most. I even bought the Queensryche self-titled EP on cassette when it was the only thing they had out. :D

First heard them on one of the best high school radio stations in America, WARG in Summit, IL.

I had that as well. I even had Live in Tokyo on VHS back in the day.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

these guys are probably the best active band of my childhood favorites. rush and slayer are no more, dream theater turned to shit, the two parallel queensryche bands is a bad joke, metallica became rich way too early, and so on. but fates warning (and prong) still kick ass.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@s4tch I'm guessing you're already familiar with King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard?

If not, well they're more of a weird psychedelic band but on their latest album from last year they went full classic 80's trash metal. (Added to their typical weird material)

This shit is fantastic!! And it made me realize I don't actually hate metal I still LOVE stuff like this, just can't stand modern generic metal timbres/tones.

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #714
    pain of salvation is great indeed

other fresh records on my daily playlist: oceans of slumber, pineapple thief, ulver, vicious rumors

yet to check out sm2 tho
    Some hits and misses, but the peaks are brilliant.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #715
    Marilyn Manson is one fire on we are chaos. Might be his best album to date.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #717
    You got me back into Meshuggah wth all your quirky cover videos.

What's your opinino on The Violent Sleep of Reason?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)