Metal, in all shapes and sizes (3 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
This album is their best in almost 25 years. It is so fucking good, it's insane. There are actual choruses again
can't stop listening to it :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: quite possibly better than the black album. only thing that brings it down is no softer/ballad type song like the unforgiven. the re-recording of lords of summer is fucking wicked

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@s4tch Guess who I'll be seeing in a few hours? Yes, the man himself, Steven Wilson :D

I'm looking at the setlist for the last couple of shows and man, some of them Porcupine Tree tunes are in it. Don't Hate me, Sound of Muzak, Dark Matter, etc... Great!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@s4tch Guess who I'll be seeing in a few hours? Yes, the man himself, Steven Wilson :D

I'm looking at the setlist for the last couple of shows and man, some of them Porcupine Tree tunes are in it. Don't Hate me, Sound of Muzak, Dark Matter, etc... Great!
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steven-wilson/2016/state-theater-st-petersburg-fl-23fa6c37.html
damn, last night they played sleep together too :eek:

timetofap.jpg

i bet it's gonna sound awesome. the man is a great performer. have fun, bro! and don't forget to share your impressions after the show.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Oh man, place is packed... in Florida. Quite a surprise. The man deserves the love.
so how was the show then? you've had quite a long and enjoyable setlist:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steven-wilson/2016/culture-room-fort-lauderdale-fl-53fa67f1.html

-------------------

not exactly prog, but if some of you like testament, exodus, anthrax and some other classic thrash bands, with a touch of more modern metal like trivium or pantera, this might be interesting:

pretty good songs all the way. also, jon dette :mark:

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
It was great, bro. Sound was perfect and the show memorable. Ending with The Raven was such a surreal performance. Oh I managed to exchange a few words with John Wesley. Guy was just walking between the crowd :D. I didn't ask for a picture cause I didn't want to be "that" guy.

That's why I've always loved small clubs, man. You get the real feeling of being in a rock concert.

Oh and almost forgot... I took uber cause I knew I was gonna drink and driving wasn't an option. A lady picked me up and I ended up getting her phone number. So it was a great night, definitely. , :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think that album is one of their weakest though.
yeah, it is, but i started listening to metal in '90-91, so this was the 1st record i've heard from them, and i found it brilliant back then. i consider the gathering and the ritual way better records, though. the gathering is a devastating beast of an album with murphy, lombardo and digiorgio on bass. the ritual is like load for metallica: not typical testament at all, slower, softer, more melodic, but songwriting is top notch. also, skolnick delivers his best solos on ritual.

my brother always goes nuts when we listen to d.n.r.:

also, this one is fucking hard to play on guitar.

btw the '90s had so many characteristic thrash singers: araya, hetfield, chuck billy, mustaine, zetro souza, blitz, oseguada (etc) all have easily recognizable voices.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
If anyone loves arpeggios and sweeps like a motha fucka...need to check out Infant Annihilator :shifty:
they're awesome at what they do but don't take their shit seriously lol coo talented kids.

- - - Updated - - -

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
yeah, it is, but i started listening to metal in '90-91, so this was the 1st record i've heard from them, and i found it brilliant back then. i consider the gathering and the ritual way better records, though. the gathering is a devastating beast of an album with murphy, lombardo and digiorgio on bass. the ritual is like load for metallica: not typical testament at all, slower, softer, more melodic, but songwriting is top notch. also, skolnick delivers his best solos on ritual.
Agreed, electric crown, the ritual, return to serenity :rock: :rock: :rock: though the rest all have really good solos too.

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #634
    Pretty damn good. Their best album cover thus far, too.

Hope it doesnt get too touchy feely on cancer. Keep it abstract.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)