Metal, in all shapes and sizes (1 Viewer)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Polish band Riverside was easily of my favorite Prog metal bands out there, at least the first 3 records... A good mix of Floyd-influenced atmosphere and textures and interesting riffs.

Anyway, the guitar player passed away today. RIP. 2016 at it again...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You from Poland? Maybe you have more info on what happened? heart attack?
i'm hungarian, but i dig a couple of polish bands like riverside, indukti, disperse (jakub zytecki is one hell of a guitarist)

maybe some polish guys know more about the situation @radekas @piotrr

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
i'm hungarian, but i dig a couple of polish bands like riverside, indukti, disperse (jakub zytecki is one hell of a guitarist)

:tup: Indukti is cool. Poland had a good musical scene in the 70's. I happen to have records of some of those bands.

SBB is probably my favorite from Poland. They were pretty eclectic going from a Floydish sound to an almost flamenco like vibe. They certainly influenced Riverside.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
:tup: Indukti is cool. Poland had a good musical scene in the 70's. I happen to have records of some of those bands.

SBB is probably my favorite from Poland. They were pretty eclectic going from a Floydish sound to an almost flamenco like vibe. They certainly influenced Riverside.

sbb were awesome :tup: if you liked them, you might want to check out solaris, a hungarian prog rock band, too:

~same musical roots, different vibes.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
sbb were awesome :tup: if you liked them, you might want to check out solaris, a hungarian prog rock band, too:

~same musical roots, different vibes.
I know Solaris :D Well, more or less, never owned a record of theirs but I had what I think is their first album in FLAC, and I never gave it a proper listen though.

I had a 800gb music collection, mostly ripped from own my records and a lot of rare stuff hard almost impossible to find nowadays. Mostly, I'd say 85% of it was late 60's to late 70's music. I had plenty of Eastern European Prog bands, The Scandinavian scene, hell, I had shit from Alaska, dude! Sadly my HD died and I stopped buying records long ago so I barely listen to that stuff anymore.

There's another Hungarian band I'm more familiar with though. Omega, ever heard of them?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I know Solaris :D Well, more or less, never owned a record of theirs but I had what I think is their first album in FLAC, and I never gave it a proper listen though.

I had a 800gb music collection, mostly ripped from own my records and a lot of rare stuff hard almost impossible to find nowadays. Mostly, I'd say 85% of it was late 60's to late 70's music. I had plenty of Eastern European Prog bands, The Scandinavian scene, hell, I had $#@! from Alaska, dude! Sadly my HD died and I stopped buying records long ago so I barely listen to that stuff anymore.

There's another Hungarian band I'm more familiar with though. Omega, ever heard of them?

damn, dude, wanna date? :heart: omega was the favorite band of my dad's generation, they were covered by scorpions, or more recently by that clown called kanye west :D i even went to several omega farewell gigs :lol: they've been doing that for like 20 years. :rofl:

sorry about the hard drive, it surely was quite a loss...

btw your nick reminds me of my 1st 3g show with vai, satriani and robert fripp :nico: fripp opened the show, i'm glad i had the opportunity to see him live.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
damn, dude, wanna date? :heart: omega was the favorite band of my dad's generation, they were covered by scorpions, or more recently by that clown called kanye west :D i even went to several omega farewell gigs :lol: they've been doing that for like 20 years. :rofl:

sorry about the hard drive, it surely was quite a loss...

btw your nick reminds me of my 1st 3g show with vai, satriani and robert fripp :nico: fripp opened the show, i'm glad i had the opportunity to see him live.
Ok but you're paying :klin: Oh cool, your dad had good taste then but probably not so good with chicks I guess :shifty:... It is said Prog rock was an efficient way to stay a virgin since there were only men in the crowds. The music was too complex then add all the theatrics and some ugly fucking faces, it was just too much for chicks I guess, they wanted to dance instead :boh:

Oh so they had those farewells shows over and over again? :lol: Fucking bastards. Like The Zombies now. :lol:

Yeah, a part of me died that day, like I said some stuff is impossible to find nowadays and should you find it would cost you a fortune. And mostly everything was in a lossless format, FLAC. So it was worth gold really.

I appreciate Vai's and Satriani's talent but I don't know what the fuck was Fripp doing there. As a composer he's on another level, he's too abstract as a character and uses nothing but unconventional ways to make music. He isn't the guitar hero type and never tried to be, even though he's technically impeccable, a master of his instrument.

I heard in some of the shows he was almost booed off the stage which is fucking ridiculous. But then, that's most metal fans. Just mindless neanderthals. It was a big waste of his time IMO.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ok but you're paying :klin: Oh cool, your dad had good taste then but probably not so good with chicks I guess :shifty:... It is said Prog rock was an efficient way to stay a virgin since there were only men in the crowds. The music was too complex then add all the theatrics and some ugly $#@!ing faces, it was just too much for chicks I guess, they wanted to dance instead :boh:

Oh so they had those farewells shows over and over again? :lol: $#@!ing bastards. Like The Zombies now. :lol:

Yeah, a part of me died that day, like I said some stuff is impossible to find nowadays and should you find it would cost you a fortune. And mostly everything was in a lossless format, FLAC. So it was worth gold really.

I appreciate Vai's and Satriani's talent but I don't know what the $#@! was Fripp doing there. As a composer he's on another level, he's too abstract as a character and uses nothing but unconventional ways to make music. He isn't the guitar hero type and never tried to be, even though he's technically impeccable, a master of his instrument.

I heard in some of the shows he was almost booed off the stage which is $#@!ing ridiculous. But then, that's most metal fans. Just mindless neanderthals. It was a big waste of his time IMO.
haha, my mum was super hot in the '70s :D thing is that omega were surprisingly popular back in the day. we didn't have too many bands in the country that had actual records; the state controlled the whole industry, so basically you listened what you were allowed to listen. and omega were one of the very few rock bands that were allowed to record their albums.

exactly, like the zombies :rofl:

concerning fripp's g3 appearances, i heard that satriani and vai appreciated fripp so much than they offered him an opportunity to make some $$$ and fripp agreed. tbh it was quite a strange performance: he never left the backstage, he was sitting on his chair behind a wall of 4x12 cabs, and he played his psychedelic-atmospheric stuff on a les paul for like 20-30 minutes or so. i remember the faces around us: most of them thought it was a road doing soundcheck for satriani :lol: i could have enjoyed it, it could have been louder though. we barely heard anything. i never listened to any king crimson before, so at least the show got me to listen to one of the greatest prog rock band ever.

here's the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/robert-fripp/2004/petfi-csarnok-budapest-hungary-53d3d3d1.html do you recognize any of those? i guess they were mostly improvised pieces.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

Turns out it was sudden cardiac arrest.

On behalf of the family and our own we would like to thank everyone for the support and your presence in those difficult moments. Piotr passed away unexpectedly of natural causes (sudden cardiac arrest) on Sunday morning (21st February). We have remained with emptiness and open wounds which need time to heal. For obvious reasons we have decided to cancel all concerts confirmed for this year. At the same time we would like to inform you that we are going to carry out this year releases scheduled for late spring and autumn 2016.
Thank you for your support.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
This came out 20 years ago (actually it was in February). It's like they took everybody Brazil had to offer musically and added to their brand of metal, a masterpiece it was. Love it to this day. Heard both Cavalera brothers will be doing a tour this year celebrating and will play Roots in it's entirety. Can't miss that. @Nzoric @Zacheryah @ZoSo @X @King of Kings

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking back, I've seen Sepultura live twice and Soulfly about 3 or 4 times. One of those times it was in a very small club in Florida and a memory that comes to mind is of a tribal indian jam they did during the show and how the gringos didn't know how to dance to it but did anyway in the funniest way. :lol:

It was the coolest thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)