Messi vs C.Ronaldo (30 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Amazing hat-trick?

He scored a penalty, a fumble from de Gea which wasn't even close to being a good shot and a free kick which was amazing I'll give him that.

When Messi didn't have the support of Argentina and everyone was shitting on him people were saying he can only win with xavi and Iniesta.

Ronaldo has not performed for country when it matters most, they even won the final without him while he was in full on cheer leader mode for the cameras to make it look like he did something.

Ronaldo had a very solid and competitive team to win the world cup and at times on paper was more balanced than Argentina.

What Messi did with this average to good Argentina team was incredible
and now he officially goes into tier 1 GOAT status with Pele and Maradona even though for me he already achieved that 10 years ago but the world cup will cement his legacy for the history books now.
Now that's just silly

May 23, 2013
Messi has definitively won this debate, that is clear. But in the media Ronaldo is being disrespected at an absurd level. He is undoubtedly in the top 5 of all time (my #2), so it's disingenuous how some people are painting this rivalry as never being legitimate or always having a clear cut answer. I've personally considered Messi the better player due to his overall influence in games and him reaching a higher peak performance season-wise. But Ronaldo's clutchness, longevity and success in multiple countries certainly made this a very close rivalry.

If this was a boxing match it would be like two all time great heavy weights going at it with multiple knockdowns for each side and then in the 12th round one of them gets knocked knocked out. The boxer who got the knockout is the decisive winner, but that doesn't diminish the fact that the other great boxer pushed him all the way for that victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Also only bias filters can allow you to watch Messi at this World Cup and conclude that he did not have an all time great performance. Maybe there were better ones such as Maradona 86, but it's up there for sure.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Muhammad Ali created the GOAT. But he was an in an individual sport.

Millennials have taken their LL Cool J inspired obsession of GOATers into team sports, which makes absolutely no sense. Shut it down.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
When you look in football history, players who combined incredible speed/acceleration with insane close control were all very injury prone.

Ronaldo Nazario, Arjen Robben, Neymar, Eden Hazard

To me it makes no sense how Messi was so bulletproof for 18 years while playing over 1000 games with his style of play.

HGH conspiracy?

Jun 27, 2011
When you look in football history, players who combined incredible speed/acceleration with insane close control were all very injury prone.

To me it makes no sense how Messi was so bulletproof for 18 years while playing over 1000 games with his style of play.

HGH conspiracy?
I don't think it's a conspiracy. I consider it a known fact. It definitely helped a lot.

magician

Oct 22, 2022

HGH conspiracy?
Playing in la liga exclusively may help, also an outlier to the statistics always exists...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)