Merih Demiral (117 Viewers)

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
The Romero fiasco is a nice summary of the Paratici era, thank god that clown is gone.

In terms of Demiral I would give him another year. Who knows, he might have a renaissance like Chiellini at the Euros.

Demiral at his best was way better than Milenkovic, the last 2 months before the injury IMO he was by far our best defender. He didn’t have a proper preseason either last year.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Then why strengthen a rival and what's not to say he might dig his heels in and demand to stay there?

If it's a dry loan then it should be a fixed price of 40m or they want to keep him and no discounts.
Because he wants to play more and Atalanta make everybody look good? And we must have bigger aspirations than being a rival to Atalanta with their entire payroll being smaller than our star player.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
He is basically our 3rd choice CB here as Chellini's body won't hold up so he'll get plenty of playing time
Because he wants to play more and Atalanta make everybody look good? And we must have bigger aspirations than being a rival to Atalanta with their entire payroll being smaller than our star player.
as he's only got to compete with Bonucci.

The reason we're seemingly eager to cash in is because we need cash so that's why im asking why we are giving him to them in a dry loan?

Also like it or not Atalanta is our rival and deserve to be on merit so I can't understand why we would help them out while getting nothing on return.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He is basically our 3rd choice CB here as Chellini's body won't hold up so he'll get plenty of playing time

as he's only got to compete with Bonucci.

The reason we're seemingly eager to cash in is because we need cash so that's why im asking why we are giving him to them in a dry loan?

Also like it or not Atalanta is our rival and deserve to be on merit so I can't understand why we would help them out while getting nothing on return.
If the report of a dry loan is true then your assumption (that we’d like to cash in) is not correct. If your assumption is correct then certainly the report is bs.
simple.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I think moving on from Demiral is not the perfect outcome but if we are desperate for money it might be the best option. For us, CB is the place to sell.

De Ligt - Bonucci - Chiellini - Demiral - Dragusin - Rugani and sometimes Danilo.

When you look at how our team is layed out and what we ask of defenders, it is clear that Demiral's recklessness is not the type of defending we strive for. We strive for cohesion at the back not chaos and Demiral is VERY chaotic in his defending. You can see it when he defended here and when he defended with Turkey. In fact, his reckless tackles were usually due to him being caught out of position or standing flatfooted and not reacting quick enough.

If we NEED cash, I think Demiral makes the most sense to move on and risk him turning into a top level CB. But it's worth the risk. You have the obvious top 3 who are all clearly behind him, even with Chiellini older yet still very good he'll get rotation time. You have Dragusin who is younger and very promising and that is who should be occupying our bench. In the perfect world, our 4th and 5th defender should be young players with promise, who can rotate when necessary, learn from the best and play meaningful minutes with Juventus. Not players on 3.3m wages like Demiral.

He's spent more time in Juve Medical than on the pitch. And he's not cheap. Yes we are feeling the pain of how Romero turned out but we cannot hold every defender close to our chest because we might make a mistake. Paralyzed due to fear of losing out is not the way to run a team.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Dry loan or cheap loan with option to buy would be utterly idiotic.
He’s not exactly on a crippling salary where loaning him would help us financially.
If he takes off, which he has the potential to do in that system should he stay fit then we lose out as his market value would rise above the 30 million reported buy out.
If he gets worse or is plagued by injuries then we’re stuck with another broken player.
We strengthen a rival, that played far better on the field than us last season.

I’m sure there’s far more - I can’t see any pro’s to this unless we raise ‘actual’ money to strengthen this teams clear weakness in the middle of the park.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
If Romero goes for 50m straight cash, then we need to really make our mind about Demiral
How much we really rate him, are we really want to keep him or not. Just sell him for straight cash too if we dont want to keep him and parted ways

Loan with option will do no good for us, they will just put the brake if he does not perform there
Obligation still make sense, but if they have the cash we better go for cash too, If we dont really want to keep Demiral

We will have more say in mercato if we getting something from him, and if he go Dragusin will getting some place in our backup CB
We will be okayish with De Ligt - Bonbon and Chiellini. If we get Milenkovic we will get the backup CB that we need, and for lower wages too

BUT, once you make the move we must really move on and feel nothing to lose if he explode in Atalanta and goes for more than 60m year later like Romero did
And they probably have high chance to do that, only injury and some red yellow card here and there will stop him (have pretty high chance too)

Jun 16, 2020
Il nuovo Romero, to be sold to an English team for 50 million after a good season in Atlanta
It’s likely to happen, we have to realize though that he won’t reach that value if he stays with us for another year as 4th choice.

Its sad that he has to be sacrificed. I really liked his start here and that legendary game vs France. He was incredible. Last season was very particular between the minor injuries and a defense being very exposed due to Pirlo’s tactics, I bet he’d do a lot better under Allegri. He still has to improve a lot with the ball at his feet, was far below level in that regard. The Euro’s were also underwhelming. I wish him all the best, very likable guy. What I really miss is a buy back option for ~50/55m or something, we’d maintain some control over him in that way if things don’t work out with Milenkovic

I understand the clubs decision if this creates a domino effect; Demiral - Locatelli - Milenkovic - Rugani (out).

This is really the luxury position of buying younger players. At least there is market for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)