Merih Demiral (8 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I’m yet to understand this guy’s hype, he is absolutely average.
Ducked the cross for the goal today with a movement straight from the playbook of Bonucci cowardice.

Not the biggest of our concerns but his limitations are clear. He marks like he is drunk.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I’m yet to understand this guy’s hype, he is absolutely average.
Ducked the cross for the goal today with a movement from the playbook of Bonucci cowardice.

Not the biggest of our concerns but his limitations are clear. He marks like he is drunk.
Are you seriously blaming him ? It's Pirlos fault 100%

He made Demiral play like RB and even RWB sometimes , he is pure CB (100% CB) .
He was chasing Zaccani all over the field , and not playing CB .

I can't belive i'm saying this but at this point i would rather have a coach who would play simple football (Sarri 4-3-3) , than this failed experiment shit with Pirlo .

And i don't fucking care about sudetto , but the way we play is gross .

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Are you seriously blaming him ? It's Pirlos fault 100%

He made Demiral play like RB and even RWB sometimes , he is pure CB (100% CB) .
He was chasing Zaccani all over the field , and not playing CB .

I can't belive i'm saying this but at this point i would rather have a coach who would play simple football (Sarri 4-3-3) , than this failed experiment shit with Pirlo .

And i don't fucking care about sudetto , but the way we play is gross .
Still fucked it massively on the cross, it’s foundational stuff really. If you’re told you’re playing RB extremely basic to try and stop a cross entering the box, and he ducked it. Something from Sunday league. He’s a footballer playing for Juventus for Christ sake. You can’t blame Pirlo for that.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Magnificent.

Could have been MoM if not for Berna. Penalty seemed a bizarre call. The Spezia guy touched the ball first but looked like Demiral cleanly knocked the ball sideways.

Also today was a prime example of why he should be positioned directly in front of the goal and not out wide.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Magnificent.

Could have been MoM if not for Berna. Penalty seemed a bizarre call. The Spezia guy touched the ball first but Demiral cleanly knocked the ball sideways.
giasi also went down holding his knee like someone took a hammer to it...and demiral didn't even touch his knees

imo when players go down if they are grabbing part of their body that other player didn't touch or result directly in hurting, automatically that should void any penalty call.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I couldn't watch 1st half, head good 2nd half, I might be biased but can't fault for that pk, someone lost the ball don't know who!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
giasi also went down holding his knee like someone took a hammer to it...and demiral didn't even touch his knees

imo when players go down if they are grabbing part of their body that other player didn't touch or result directly in hurting, automatically that should void any penalty call.
Using basic common sense or understand the rules of the game is enough to void that particular penalty call, but it seems Italian refs choose to apply what is essentially making it up as they go along. Perhaps they enjoy the limelight or feel they earn their money more in an otherwise easy game.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Anyone got a slowmo of the challenge or know how to slowmo on Danz? Looks to me like he got the tip of the players foot first before getting the ball. In some circumstances like todays I would accept a penalty for that much contact but not in big matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)