Merih Demiral (37 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Zero chance this is even plausible in the worst case scenario. The man is injured 99% of the time. No leg to stand on, litterally, to be demanding more time or to be sold. Just some overzealous twitter hack trying to spread some easy clicks. Even more so when they use euro 21 as reason. Demiral is guranteed starter for Turkey.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
in football turks are the lolzillians of europe.

thee moment they get their first taste of money they think they are the best in the world. and their best players only play well into their mid twenties at best..with a few exceptions

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Romeo Agresti: Demiral wants to be guaranteed that he'll be considered as a key player currently and in the future. The club hasn't received any offers for the Turkish defender. It's unlikely that Juventus will consider to sell Demiral
this January.

So it seems that those rumours had some truth to them :panic:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
You know I usually disapprove when a player start threatening the club to leave for more playing minutes. But I completely understand Demiral here. We all know how ridiculous it is to play this fragile and old Bonucci over him.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
You know I usually disapprove when a player start threatening the club to leave for more playing minutes. But I completely understand Demiral here. We all know how ridiculous it is to play this fragile and old Bonucci over him.
I'm in total agreement. Thought if healthy he would be in yesterday. Is he not healthy? If healthy, I would immediately start him against Milan.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think this is about the past but more about the future. Bonucci is extended until 2024 and is best friends with the coach and the senatori.

So how does Demiral play? This is what he must be looking at. Bonucci could shoot the ball into our own goal every match and still be the first name on the sheet...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I don't think this is about the past but more about the future. Bonucci is extended until 2024 and is best friends with the coach and the senatori.

So how does Demiral play? This is what he must be looking at. Bonucci could shoot the ball into our own goal every match and still be the first name on the sheet...
Nah, you're too pessimistic man. Bonucci is not a youngster anymore, so he's got a bit more time left, just for the time of Demiral's full recovery from ACL and catching some form IMO. Those muscle injuries must be happening because of that nasty injury.

Chiellini is done, so that should allow Demiral to play more and more, as long as he stays healthy. Bonucci needs rest too, otherwise he loses focus very quickly and turns into an amateur within seconds.

I'd be more afraid of Tici's annual plusvalenza than actual lack of space for Demiral. The guy is an animal, perfect replacement of Chiellini.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

I'd probably be thinking the same in his position. I'm sure he will be watching the numerous mistakes Bonucci is making and thinking he could do better but is concerned that regardless of their own performances Bonucci will get the start.

That attitude of persisting with the old and not picking players on merit is how you create disharmony in a squad and lose talented young players. Traditionally Juve have rarely been sentimental and been good at this. However, with Bonucci it feels different, I could see him being a starter until 2024 which is a worry.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'd probably be thinking the same in his position. I'm sure he will be watching the numerous mistakes Bonucci is making and thinking he could do better but is concerned that regardless of their own performances Bonucci will get the start.

That attitude of persisting with the old and not picking players on merit is how you create disharmony in a squad and lose talented young players. Traditionally Juve have rarely been sentimental and been good at this. However, with Bonucci it feels different, I could see him being a starter until 2024 which is a worry.
They should all be gone already. Bonucci, Chiellini and Buffon.

Give the band to MDL and get on with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)