Merih Demiral (95 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Oh don't tell me Mandzukic, you're one of the people who believes Mandzukic still had a use at this club??

I love the guy but even I can accept his time here was up, he was neither useful in terms of technical ability outside of the box and he was no longer prolific enough to be useful for us inside the box. Put your sentiments to one side and just accept those simple facts
it has nothing to do with mandzukic's usefulness. letting mandzukic go for free automatically damaged the club with around 5m euros. fact: this was bad management. i repeat, this is a fact, not some subjective armchair experd evaluation about a player.

as for demiral, we'll see. but defending the mandzukic case is pointless.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
it has nothing to do with mandzukic's usefulness. letting mandzukic go for free automatically damaged the club with around 5m euros. fact: this was bad management. i repeat, this is a fact, not some subjective armchair experd evaluation about a player.

But how do you get 5 mil. if no one is willing to pay?
Or should we say f*ck it if they don't wanna pay we keep him and pay another 3 mil. in salary until we get the 5 mil.?
Edit: You can say he is to blame for extending, but remember when that happened allegri wasn't leaving the club at the end of the season.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

So are you telling me it would have made more economic sense to keep Mandzukic and his high wages in the hope some club pays 5 mill which by then we've probably exceeded by just paying his wage till then.

No offence but he was hardly drawing in any serious bidders if this qatari club were the only ones to make him a serious offer

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
So are you telling me it would have made more economic sense to keep Mandzukic and his high wages in the hope some club pays 5 mill which by then we've probably exceeded by just paying his wage till then.

No offence but he was hardly drawing in any serious bidders if this qatari club were the only ones to make him a serious offer
If he made even 50% of the effort he made to sell Dybala, we easily could've sold Mandzu for some money.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If he made even 50% of the effort he made to sell Dybala, we easily could've sold Mandzu for some money.
Seriously thats a poor example, Dybala's age and ability is always going to attract far more interest than someone almost in his mid 30s who can barely score double figures any more. Which club is going to pay money for that when his only real asset is his work rate?

Whats more funny is how many forget and forgive marotta for letting Llorente (who left when he was younger than mandzukic and clubs have profitted from him since) go for nothing

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm not saying we could've have sold Mandzu for 60 million, but 5-6 million would easily have been possible.
how so?

we wanted to get rid, this qatari club were the only ones interested, they have powers to bargain.

Again would you rather hope someone coughs up 5 mill and risk continue paying his wage whilst he hasn't kicked a ball this season? or just cut your losses now knowing that the interest in a player like mandzukic given his age and ability is low as it is.

its a very simple logic

- - - Updated - - -

whats actually funny is lets take Khedira for example who is only a year younger.

Most if not all here would be exstatic to let him go for nothing

But its because it's mandzukic and many here hold sentimental value, we automatically assume he is worth money

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It would be insane to sell Demiral after what we have seen thus far. We need some consistency in our players, especially those that are young and have potential.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It would be insane to sell Demiral after what we have seen thus far. We need some consistency in our players, especially those that are young and have potential.
Paratici:
It would be insane not to sell Demiral after what we have seen thus far. We need some plusvalenza from our players, especially those that are young and have potential.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sounds reasonable to the average user, but don't fool yourself - If Fabio can't sell a player, no one can.
yea I mean the guy sold Dybala twice in one week only to be thwarted at the last minute by the player himself both times.

Have you ever seen that before? Selling the same player, twice, in one week? majesterial

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)