Merih Demiral (15 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
He conceded penalty, then passed the ball straight at Verona's player at the edge of our box, looked clumsy throughout entire game. Could he have done worse? Absolutely. He could have blasted a ball into our net. Phew.
Still better than de ligt debut

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
MDL is better on the ball.
Demiral is a killer (still a bit reckless tho).

Who will get more playing time ? They both need some more time to adept.
Too bad, my man Chielli is injured.

Still think Matthijs is the overall better player. Also tactical!
But his current form worries me a bit. He's playing like a ticking time bomb.

Hopefully he can adapt fast and be as good as he was last season.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Relied too much on physical prowess at the expense of good positioning.

Looks good when it works, poor positionally and judgment-wise when it doesn't.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
He conceded penalty, then passed the ball straight at Verona's player at the edge of our box, looked clumsy throughout entire game. Could he have done worse? Absolutely. He could have blasted a ball into our net. Phew.
The standards for our CBs are pretty low these days. That's what I compare it to.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
And what about Danilo? He will also settle in
Difference is the formers are both talented players, which is why giving them time is important.

Danilo could make it but his track record in the last years isn't the best. Still could make succeed but he should be given time to show his worth as well

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Looks like we are going to have tough year defensively with De Ligt Demiral and Danilo
I liked what I saw from both de Ligt and Demiral (other than de Ligt's horror debut show). Good early signs, they'll improve.

Not getting the same feels from Danilo. But we've other options to try out there (Cuadra, Demiral, Can) if he doesn't improve.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I liked what I saw from both de Ligt and Demiral (other than de Ligt's horror debut show). Good early signs, they'll improve.

Not getting the same feels from Danilo. But we've other options to try out there (Cuadra, Demiral, Can) if he doesn't improve.
You didn't mention our only Right back De sciglio

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Unlucky and naive at the same time with regards to the penalty. The attacker completely forgets the ball to find Demiral and fall down but Demiral is in a bad position to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)