Merih Demiral (26 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Rugani used to be Sarri's boy in Empoli and Bon suits his style better. So in practice I do think he will be fifth choice. I would have loaned him out to a team that intends to play possession based so that he continues to develop his technique. Sassulo was a good match, he could go back there?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
We can not afford to loan him out as well. Chiellini is 34, Bonucci is 32, injuries can happen, and we will probably play around 60 games this season. We need this mean looking dude. Milan should do their own scouting for a change.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
it's ok if the 5th one is Barzagli who is ok to play whatever minutes are needed, but in this case we have 5 guys who'll want 2000 minutes minimum and guys like de Ligt and Bonucci will want more than that. I'd rather move on one of Bonucci or Rugani, it'd be a hell of relief for our wage bill if Leo went to Paris or wherever
Yep you’re right. We have more CBs than we probably need atm.

It looks like we are loaning both Demiral and Romero, so our four CBs next season will be Chiellini, Bonucci, Rugani and DeLigt.

What happens after that remains to be seen. Ideally we sell both Bonucci and Rugani in 2020, and introduce Romero and Demiral to the first team.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Keep Bonucci is a mistake, IMO. We all see how error prone he is last season, but with high line defence this year, he will be expored even more. I fear we'll see his AC Milan version.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Keep Bonucci is a mistake, IMO. We all see how error prone he is last season, but with high line defence this year, he will be expored even more. I fear we'll see his AC Milan version.
we already saw it last year, he didn't have quite the low points he did at Milan, but in total I'm pretty sure he made more costly mistakes last season than he did for Milan.

I'm hoping that having to fight for that starting spot instead of it being handed on a silver platter will result in positive changes and he regains concentration and grinta

athas

Jul 15, 2007
we already saw it last year, he didn't have quite the low points he did at Milan, but in total I'm pretty sure he made more costly mistakes last season than he did for Milan.

I'm hoping that having to fight for that starting spot instead of it being handed on a silver platter will result in positive changes and he regains concentration and grinta
I hope the same when he comes back, talk about how he learn his lesson, bla bla.. but something never change. He still think too big of himself and refuse to learn from his mistake. I don't have proof, but his body language is always show that. Example in below video, every goals concede is his mistake, but he always look to another player not call Chiellini as if it's their mistake instead.

And I don't want some sort of these legendary defending when we play high
giphy.gif

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Never saw him play, but bought the hype. DO.NOT.LOAN. Usually when we loan players out, they are never to be seen again, only to be used as plusvalenza. If Juventus doesn't trust a player enough from the get go, it's probably a one way trip. Doesn't matter how much the guy does when he gets back. See Spinazzola

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Rotate all you want, you don't need 5 CBs for 2 spots if you're not running a cripple team, it's literally the position that runs the least besides goalkeepers in footie.
Well, we already saw that we can't rely on Rugani for the big games. Bonucci is half the player he used to be, Chiellini is very injury prone, especially in the ending stages of the season. Positive is that Can can play as CB.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'd rather sell Rugani or Bon Bon and keep Demiral.
me too. I agree with the idea of 5 full time CBs being too much, but not necessarily with the idea of loaning Demiral, I'd rather loose Bonucci and his crazy wage. Rugani has disappointed a lot in the past, but given that Sarri was his breakout coach, I want to see if he can salvage his career or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)