[merged] Cannavaro (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Apparently:

After the game Thuram said he was happy that Cannavaro is coming to Juve and doesn't know if he'll play in the middle with him or at RB.

Also after the game Capello confirmed it indirectly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good deal. Now if Tudor stays healthy, Thuram regains his best form, and Cannavaro has a great season, our defense will be much more sound than last year. I like it. :D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'm surprised that your not jumping like crazy. We just got the 2nd best Italian defender. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

May 4, 2004
this is good :D

Juve: We have Cannavaro Saturday 28 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has confirmed that there is a deal in place for Fabio Cannavaro.

“We already have an agreement with Inter,” revealed the transfer guru on Saturday evening. “All that is missing now is the terms of the contract with the player. Once that is sorted out, Cannavaro will be a Juventus player.”

The statements were made after the 1-0 Trofeo Berlusconi victory over Milan, although the Italian press had already known about the imminent move for a couple of days.

Azzurri captain Cannavaro had been on the verge to a Juventus switch when he was transfer listed by Parma in 2002, but instead opted to join Inter.

His time at the San Siro has been troubled by persistent injuries, seeing him put in just 50 League appearances over two seasons.

As his £2m a season contract expires next summer, Inter are willing to release the 31-year-old defender in a straight swap deal with Uruguayan goalkeeper Fabian Carini.

However, the shot-stopper will remain for another season on loan at Standard Liege in order to qualify him for an EC passport.

Fabio Capello also hinted that a deal for Cannavaro was imminent when he noted, “He made a great central defensive partnership with Lilian Thuram at Parma and I’m sure they will remember that rapport.”

As Cannavaro has travelled to Florence for Sunday’s Pirelli Cup match with the Viola, it’s likely the move will only be completed on Monday.

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
I'm surprised that your not jumping like crazy. We just got the 2nd best Italian defender. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I'll wait until the ink on the contract is dry. ;)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Sports.it are saying that Cannavaro won't be our last signing, as we are after Simone. It looks like Moggi will go just for swap deals, giving Iuliano or Zalayeta (or both) to Lazio for Inzaghi.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
juventus.it for that matter. but i think its safe to say he is ours. im just wondering if thats the only defender who will come in.

nonetheless, it does suddenly look a lot better down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)