[merged] Cannavaro (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakigol

Jun 3, 2004
Their entrance to the Champions’ League has unlocked new transfer funds and this evening director general Luciano Moggi confirmed that Fabio Cannavaro was on his way.

“We have not completed any deal,” noted Moggi, “but we are very close to a conclusion.”

Inter defender Cannavaro is expected to arrive in exchange for cash plus goalkeeper Fabian Carini. The deal could be made official over the weekend.

...Sorry if you guys read this already..... I hope this isnt like the Veiri or Mutu thing :( "________ (fill in name) signs with Juve" .......Next day it was all lies :(:(

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
ahh... thanks

yeah i don't want to get my hopes too high yet. But i can't help noticing that every major site is reporting it...so there must be some truth - Gazzetta, Football Italia, Calciomercato, Sky sports, Sports.it etc.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I dont want to spoit the party but lets put some perspectives here.;).
Canna for Carrini sounds great deal but lets not get too carried away. Firstly, Carrini is a great GK and I liked him ever since he bursted into the scene as a teenager in Coppa America in 1999. However, with Buffon in goal for us, he is not going to make it into the team, so there isnt really a great loss. Nonetheless, Fabio can be attractive player to other teams, and I am sure Arsenal would take him over Lehmman in a heartbeat.
Nonetheless, Canna has a great reputation and surely they can do better than Carrini or Iluliano. As far as I am concerned this suggests that 1) Inter ranks reckon Burdisso is better than Canna (Perfectly reasonable IMO), and 2) Toldo game is probably gone. Most importantly however Inter knows Canna best since they see him all the time, and they might know something about him which we dont. After all, Canna hasnt been impressive for last two years, and he is becoming more and more mistake prone IMO.
Having said that, I do think Canna for Carrini is one heck of deal for Moggi, and someway make up for loosing Mexes to none other than Roma. Furthermore, we are not giving up a single cent which puts us in a great position to go after a prospect that we "really" believe in next year or the following. After all, prospect come and go every year. But nonetheless, I am Canna for Carrini isnt done deal yet and even if the deal goes through I am going to wait until how we play on the field.

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
Remember when Canna plays along with Thuram and Buffon in Parma, and conform one of the bests defenses in that years. They won with parma a uefa and a Copa Italia.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
If calciomercato is rigth, then Canna is going to be the only signing for the new season...
If thats the case, consider us 100 % lucky !!!!!!

(better than no signings)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
hello,it's moggi:rolleyes:

i'm not saying it won't happen,but whatever comes out of luciano's mouth should be taken with a huge pinch of salt,you guys should know by now.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
i think he will be an upgrade... ok he is old and is not in his best years but he still is a very good player and an improv i think.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Luigito ] ++
Remember when Canna plays along with Thuram and Buffon in Parma, and conform one of the bests defenses in that years. They won with parma a uefa and a Copa Italia.
lets not forget thuram and cannavaro were a lot younger back then as well. both are not the players they were back then IMO!

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
i think he will be an upgrade... ok he is old and is not in his best years but he still is a very good player and an improv i think.

anyone playing for inter is not in his best years, always plays well for Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)