Mercato news 2011 (updated infrequently/when we can be arsed) (1 Viewer)

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
ObaOba Martins...now there's a talent & being young he should only get better...but would he come to us knowing he'd have to go through the same competition circus that he did at Inter, & also knowing he'd more than likely get a regular start with Arsenal as they are now? That's of course if we or Arsenal really think he's worth paying his contract value for...

Redangel

Mar 7, 2003
Events - 26 Jun 2007 - 1:13 AM

David Trezeguet will be in black and white until 2011 :D

Juventus Football Club has extended David Trezeguet's contract until 30 June, 2011. The French centre forward was welcomed at Juventus’ headquarters by the president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli and by the CEO Jean-Claude Blanc and signed the contract that binds him to the club until that date.

Trezeguet has been playing in Juventus since the year 2000, after the golden goal scored against Italy in the European Championship Final. He scored 145 goals with the black and white jersey in these seven years, being the foreign player who scored the highest number of goals of the whole history of Juventus.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I think we gonna sign someone Zala's type (if he leaves) no superstar or a star in the making will come IMO.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
now trez signed a new deal, we shouldn't be getting anymore strikers
Zalayeta is leaving,Bojinov is not ours,

we have Del Piero,Trezeguet,Iaquinta and pALLA,DON'T YOU THINK WE NEED ANOTHER ONE?
We need a poacher to be as a backup for Trezeguet, I think Bianchi is the best available option now, he isn't that expensive and he is proven in Italy already. But still our priority should be strengthening our defence, then we can concentrate more on our midfield and attack.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Goggo,we alredy have Iaquinta, definitely he must be aware that he won't play a major role in the attack.
Yeah but he won't sit on the bench forever, I think that Iaquinta will have important role in the team and I don't think we signed for our bench. So if Zala leaves we gonna need to replace him with another player ready to sit most of the time on the bench, and like Ahmedios said that player should have similar characteristics as Trez (goal poacher) and I don't see Hunter or even Bianchi could fill that space just cuz they will want important role at the club.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Yeah but he won't sit on the bench forever, I think that Iaquinta will have important role in the team and I don't think we signed for our bench. So if Zala leaves we gonna need to replace him with another player ready to sit most of the time on the bench, and like Ahmedios said that player should have similar characteristics as Trez (goal poacher) and I don't see Hunter or even Bianchi could fill that space just cuz they will want important role at the club.
But what if Trez got injured?!!! there is no one can replace him from the current forwards!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)