• Pizarro

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
All these bans & infractions...you know what this reminds me of? :D

State troopers and police start pulling people over for absolutely nothing (almost, obviously always something but doesn't always feel that way) at the end of the month to reach their monthly quotas.

Mods have quotas now:D
I got my first one for calling Ferarra a shit coach.

I'd like an apology for that one :stuckup:

The other one was for calling Diarra the N word and the thrid was last week for responding to being insulted by derailing :shifty:

I like mercato.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Unless one important player gets a serious injury I can definitely see us finishing in the top 4
The problem is we need at least top 3 as this is the place for the CL
So the way I see it we have to gain more points than Napoli if we achieve that we will be at least 3rd
I dont see Roma as a threat nor I see Udinese or Palermo
Milan and Inter will finish 1st and 2nd and it will be between us and Napoli to get 3rd

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
in regards to Melo, I believe that you are speaking of Vidal as his immediate replacement.

With Pirlo all but guaranteed a starting spot, a midfielder with the characteristics of Vidal was needed.

Someone with a tremendous amount of pace, able to play box to box, and more importantly, the stamina to be able to do it week in and week out.

There were more than an handful of matches that I had seen last year where Melo, even with him being required to cover less space than what Vidal is being asked to cover, look absolutely out of breath by the 70th minute. This year, the stamina to be able to do cover for Pirlo is a greater task than Melo covering for Aquilani last year.
only time will establish whether that was an upgrade, but regardless of that we all agree melo was nowhere near the top of our priorities, why tackle that first?? and at a loss to boot, as he'll be here next year.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Unless one important player gets a serious injury I can definitely see us finishing in the top 4
The problem is we need at least top 3 as this is the place for the CL
So the way I see it we have to gain more points than Napoli if we achieve that we will be at least 3rd
I dont see Roma as a threat nor I see Udinese or Palermo
Milan and Inter will finish 1st and 2nd and it will be between us and Napoli to get 3rd
lazio will finish better than napoli

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
All these bans & infractions...you know what this reminds me of? :D

State troopers and police start pulling people over for absolutely nothing (almost, obviously always something but doesn't always feel that way) at the end of the month to reach their monthly quotas.

Mods have quotas now:D
Puhlease. A moratorium on 10-year-old forum rules just doesn't appear simply because it's the end of the mercato. :rolleyes:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
only time will establish whether that was an upgrade, but regardless of that we all agree melo was nowhere near the top of our priorities, why tackle that first?? and at a loss to boot, as he'll be here next year.
I think it was an issue of either marotta, Conte or both wanting him out ASAP, and then targeting a player that they may have thought, either rightly or wrongly, that there would be competition for him sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)