• Nainggolan

• Pizarro

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Too many pessimists around. Seriously we've improved from last season. We can now very easily get 6th and if we do well id consider 5th an achievement.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
If this Mercato had ended a month ago, I would have been far more pleased with it than I am now.

Here is my unbiased, objective opinion on the mercato.

Pirlo- Always thought he was class, and firmly believe that the class is still there.
Zeigler- Meh. You get what you pay for. In my opinion, an upgrade over what they had last year, but that isn't saying much
Pazienza- Free is Free. Thank God that he's just a backup, is all I will say
Lichtsteiner- Love it. He's a warrior on the flanks
Vidal- The box to box midfielder that the team needs, but he needs to adjust to Serie A in a hurry.
Vucinic- Talent that doesn't come around very often. His inconsistency is maddening. Although he is yet another SS, he brings a different set of skills that the team needs
Giacherinni- I know. I'm one of the very few who likes him. He cannot, under any circumstance, be a starter.
Estigarribia- You're guess is as good as mine
Elia- If he lives up to his potential, could be a huge purchase. if not, then juve is back to Square One.

Now, in regards to the sales/ loans, not counting Pasquato and Giondonato

Melo- I was never, ever, enamored with him. I always thought of him as an undisciplined butcher. I didn't like the transfer two years ago, and one good season out of two is not enough to convince me that a mistake was made in letting him go. Now, the price could end up being far less than what he was purchased for, but spending 25 million on him was pretty stupid in the first place.

Sissoko- Had his best moments under Ranieri. It's too bad that he was constantly injured. He gave his all, but he has the footballing brain the size of an acorn.

Grygera- good riddance.

Now, I am not the type that rates a mercato without even ahving seen them play in any competitive matches. It's like giving out grades for the NFL draft. There is no point.

As far as where I think they will end up?

If they had gotten Alves, I think that 3rd could have been realistic.

At this point though, unless Bonucci plays like he did at Bari, then we are looking at 4th or 5th.
as objective as they get, lemme also bring up something every working man deals with, and that is prioritizing regardless of what you thought of melo was his replacement worth missing on that top player we so desperately needed, the defense we agree on, i like the vucinic capture but it needed some balancing by not picking up option on quag or by playing 4-3-3

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
WΏΏdy;3226467 said:
That's the thing,5th or 6th is not acceptable for Juventus.
:D I know, better to laugh at our incompetence and misfortune to have an imbecile management and most especially DS rather than stress. I never had high hopes, I suggest you dont either.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
All these bans & infractions...you know what this reminds me of? :D

State troopers and police start pulling people over for absolutely nothing (almost, obviously always something but doesn't always feel that way) at the end of the month to reach their monthly quotas.

Mods have quotas now:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
as objective as they get, lemme also bring up something every working man deals with, and that is prioritizing regardless of what you thought of melo was his replacement worth missing on that top player we so desperately needed, the defense we agree on, i like the vucinic capture but it needed some balancing by not picking up option on quag or by playing 4-3-3
in regards to Melo, I believe that you are speaking of Vidal as his immediate replacement.

With Pirlo all but guaranteed a starting spot, a midfielder with the characteristics of Vidal was needed.

Someone with a tremendous amount of pace, able to play box to box, and more importantly, the stamina to be able to do it week in and week out.

There were more than an handful of matches that I had seen last year where Melo, even with him being required to cover less space than what Vidal is being asked to cover, look absolutely out of breath by the 70th minute. This year, the stamina to be able to do cover for Pirlo is a greater task than Melo covering for Aquilani last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)