mercato closed Mr. Secco? NOT! (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Yes we need this two, and Diego who could replace Nedved.
WTF ???????? Who can replace Nedved? yesterday he was allover the place, defending and attacking, on both wings and Center, we were like playing with 5 Nedveds

Canna, yes, Huntelaar, no need. Overall I don't see either going through.
I would say Canna yes (now) Hunter,yes(but next year).
IMO we need Hunter now.

This two would be a dream, but I'm not shure if this two transfer could happen in the last 13 days.
Iagree with Narchi this time, Hunter is what we need now, we cant score as we are counting on Trez only and I doubt (but I hope) that he is reliable this season

At least Andrade and Crisito are gelling and improving with every match, and FGS Canna, Ivan and Miera wont take a backup role

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
WTF ???????? Who can replace Nedved? yesterday he was allover the place, defending and attacking, on both wings and Center, we were like playing with 5 Nedveds
Look it is obviously miss understanding. I would be glad if Nedved could still play this and next year and if possible a year after that, but if something happen to him, we would need someone who could appropriately substitued him. For me the best possible replacement would be Ribery, but we already missed him, so I hope that Diego could learn something from him and then show us his great talent. I'm still not so sure about Modrić (I still think that the best league for him is Spain), but if we could get him for 10 mio EUR, I would gamble a little and give him a chance.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Look it is obviously miss understanding. I would be glad if Nedved could still play this and next year and if possible a year after that, but if something happen to him, we would need someone who could appropriately substitued him. For me the best possible replacement would be Ribery, but we already missed him, so I hope that Diego could learn something from him and then show us his great talent. I'm still not so sure about Modrić (I still think that the best league for him is Spain), but if we could get him for 10 mio EUR, I would gamble a little and give him a chance.
So you meant a backup not a replacement.......well, u're right about that, but I dont think Diego would agree to be just a backup, maybe Giovinco would be the best backup, maybe Marchioni or Salih can do the job here

narchi

Jul 2, 2006
So you meant a backup not a replacement.......well, u're right about that, but I dont think Diego would agree to be just a backup, maybe Giovinco would be the best backup, maybe Marchioni or Salih can do the job here
I know that, but he could play also as AM so he would have enough time. Because he is young, i think he would have a chance to become great player in one of the greatest club in the world. If he could see this as opportunity then we have a chance.

But from this three, I think that we must get Canna, and maybe Hunter this year and Nedved's backup could wait until next year, unless we still have some money.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Canna we do need him but what we need more than anything is an experienced DM who could organize our whole defensive game!

as for our defenders they are not bad infact they are evan pretty good but they are surely not excellent and if you look at our friendlies you could see the lack of awareness in defence
you could notice it especially in Mexes`s goal when we played Roma and in Inzaghi`s goal when we played Milan
the players simply sneaked under their noses and that is the lack of their awareness.
Don`t get me wrong I do think both our central defenders have some potential especially Criscito but there is still something missing right now and we need to win not make players with potential we are Juventus not Ajax (altough it would be nice to do both...)
We need to think more about the whole team and how they could become better and right now I see the need for 3 places
1) defence Canna could be great. Criscito could learn from him a lot
2) a DM who could organize our whole defensive departmant
3) a striker because Trezeguet is a good goal scorer but he is not involved much in the match and therefore not adding much except the finish touch which I think is not enough Huntellar could do the job very well and even if we do keep Trez as first option Huntellar could play rotation with him and taking his place as the time goes by

Dec 26, 2004
i am telling you right now that if these incompetent bozos don't buy another deffender i will personally go there and go muslim on them (maybe the last part wasn't neccessary but you have to admit it is funny ;) )

Next time when you try to be funny avoid going against the forum rules by making a statement which is nothing but silly, racist and offensive in the book of more than one billion Muslims around the world.

Mods..... BAN.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
i am telling you right now that if these incompetent bozos don't buy another deffender i will personally go there and go muslim on them (maybe the last part wasn't neccessary but you have to admit it is funny ;) )
And from your vast studies of the religion...what does that mean? Ignorance is bliss.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
i dont get ure "joke" but what i have gathered is that u r an ignorant prick

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Next time when you try to be funny avoid going against the forum rules by making a statement which is nothing but silly, racist and offensive in the book of more than one billion Muslims around the world.

Mods..... BAN.
Would you not rather show up his ignorance than see him banned?

And from your vast studies of the religion...what does that mean? Ignorance is bliss.
i dont get ure "joke" but what i have gathered is that u r an ignorant prick
Like these guys, just write it off as a stupid statement

Very wrong? Yes. Malicious intent? No.
Exactly.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Intended or not, I have the right to feel insulted by his ignorance.

I never heard of a police man who ask someone cross the red sign if he intend to brake the law or not, normally he just give him a deserved penalty.
In the majority of cases, in Scots Law at least, intent is required for a crime. It is not the case for traffic offences.

Generally a guilty act (actus reus) and guilty mind (mens rea) is needed for a conviction.

Anyway, the point is it would be unfair to punish someone for being an idiot, if he didn't mean to offend.

Dec 26, 2004
In the majority of cases, in Scots Law at least, intent is required for a crime. It is not the case for traffic offences.

Generally a guilty act (actus reus) and guilty mind (mens rea) is needed for a conviction.

Anyway, the point is it would be unfair to punish someone for being an idiot, if he didn't mean to offend.
I agree with what you say bro... but we are talking about an Internet forum which is read by Millions not a court, with such silly statement you risk to ruin a thread meant to discuss Mercato and turn it into a war of racist religious words.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree with what you say bro... but we are talking about an Internet forum which is read by Millions not a court, with such silly statement you risk to ruin a thread meant to discuss Mercato and turn it into a war of racist religious words.
Fair point.

Probably better get back on topic before the mods start whinging or lose the thread.

Does anyone actually believe the defenders we have been linked with, other than Cannavaro, would genuinely improve our defence?

I for one would rather take a chance on Criscito. Sure he is not the finished artical but he hs heaps of potential and I think playing him regularly this season will benefit us in the long run more than signing an aging CB for one or two seasons at most.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    Fair point.

Probably better get back on topic before the mods start whinging or lose the thread.

Does anyone actually believe the defenders we have been linked with, other than Cannavaro, would genuinely improve our defence?

I for one would rather take a chance on Criscito. Sure he is not the finished artical but he hs heaps of potential and I think playing him regularly this season will benefit us in the long run more than signing an aging CB for one or two seasons at most.
    yes and no, the question is can we take any risks this year and end up finishing 5th?

the answer is quite simple. NO

I have no problem in starting Criscito, he's the real deal but if we can get Canna for a year or 2 for cheap then we should go for it. Mimmo would benefit from this also. For me Criscito would get the Coppa and certain Serie A games and sometimes play with Canna and Andrade.

Look at how Andrade played this summer, he'll get a red before week 3. Doesn't help that we have our "friend" Mr. Collina in charge of the refs either. Forget the 50/50 balls in our favor...

As far as it goes for The Hunter, if Ajax doesn't get in the 32 squads for the CL then I think he will ask himself to leave. No Sneijder, no Babel...doesn't help.

If Trez gets the flu we are screwed. We have no natural poacher so Klass would be the 1st guy to count on.

Zalayeta will probably leave and Palla can cover many positions.

Tiago just needs more time to adjust so he'll be ok and we won't need a DM. When Zanetti is 100%, he can do the job like the best of them + we have Nocerino.

Neddy's replacement could be postponed for next season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)