Medhi Benatia (59 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Spot on.

And where was his replacement today?

Ah yes, entirely predictable that the injury prone Caceres would get injured at a time we needed him.

Benatia had a very good season last year overall and then was dropped for a guy who I genuinely have lost count of how many goals he has cost us. I don't blame him for going in a huff. The sensible move would have been to keep on to him until the end of the season.
:tup:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
People are saying his an outcast but he went to asia for money. Epl clubs wanted him. Utd and Arsenal both linked. He could have gone to another big european club challenging for trophies instead he goes from Juve to Asia money. Cant be a refusal to sell to other euro team we have sold players like Vidal and Pogba. Age wise particularly. He could have gone to Asia post 35. Football playing wise he has wasted his best years there now. But money talks.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Letting Benatia leave in winter was probably one of the catalysts that's got us to where we are.

Caused us to rely on a defender like Rugani.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
People are saying his an outcast but he went to asia for money. Epl clubs wanted him. Utd and Arsenal both linked. He could have gone to another big european club challenging for trophies instead he goes from Juve to Asia money. Cant be a refusal to sell to other euro team we have sold players like Vidal and Pogba. Age wise particularly. He could have gone to Asia post 35. Football playing wise he has wasted his best years there now. But money talks.
He went to Qatar as a transit to get to PSG to bypass FFP, watch and see.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Letting Benatia leave in winter was probably one of the catalysts that's got us to where we are.

Caused us to rely on a defender like Rugani.
No it was signing Bonucci in the summer when we could have signed someone else. We already knew from past about Bonuccis shortcomings. Bonucci signing also meant curtains for Benatia. Bonucci is the catalyst. After what him and Allegri went through (yes maybe nth happened in cardiff but remember Allegri benched him in previous Champions League game) before i found it odd signing and he has never been elite defender.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You are biased as well and you've been ever since we let Benatia go. Not a dig or anything.
Sorry Dai. I love you Bro, but Bonucci as a pure defender is absolute dogshit. We should've never brought him back, especially after that stunt he pulled. I haven't seen those legendary passes out of defense this season, and when he's left with a weak partner in defense, he's no leader. He's always needed Chiellini or Barzagli to hold his hand.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
why not, sounds like a good deal to get a defender with WC ceiling and hopefully at least 2 seasons left in him. I wonder whether we'd have to pay the 10m back to that Qatar club or could we reduce it.

him leaving because of coach, us sacking the coach and getting him back all in 5 months is a bit strange, but it's nowhere near as awkward as Bonucci's power shifting side-mission

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)