Medhi Benatia (8 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm sorry but this guy being put behind both Rugani and Bonucci is one of the dumbest things I've seen from this organization in a long time. We might have lost anyway but no one can tell me with a straight face that this guy is 4th choice.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'm sorry but this guy being put behind both Rugani and Bonucci is one of the dumbest things I've seen from this organization in a long time. We might have lost anyway but no one can tell me with a straight face that this guy is 4th choice.
What i can tell though, is that you are biased as fuck regarding that one topic.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Spot on.

And where was his replacement today?

Ah yes, entirely predictable that the injury prone Caceres would get injured at a time we needed him.

Benatia had a very good season last year overall and then was dropped for a guy who I genuinely have lost count of how many goals he has cost us. I don't blame him for going in a huff. The sensible move would have been to keep on to him until the end of the season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Spot on.

And where was his replacement today?

Ah yes, entirely predictable that the injury prone Caceres would get injured at a time we needed him.

Benatia had a very good season last year overall and then was dropped for a guy who I genuinely have lost count of how many goals he has cost us. I don't blame him for going in a huff. The sensible move would have been to keep on to him until the end of the season.
but hey, he knows the system, the language, the culture of the team. doesent matter he barely played in years, he adapted much faster than someone like Garay would. i appreciate his grinta from years ago but like with Bonucci and Morata, after they celebrated their goals vs us, i would have never brought him back even if he was good, let alone average at best in the 4-5 games he plays

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Nah. You've been angry at Bonucci and hated him ever since coming back - and not for footballing reasons, even if you do your best to make it sound like it. Not Powis level of angriness, but still.
Ok what are the non-footballing reasons. His moustache?

This doesn't even have anything to do with Bonucci really because Rugani is also worse than Benatia. It's an indictment on the coach and the board for making such an obvious error.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we're beating a dead horse here. the only moral of the benatia story is that the club (allegri included) should manage players with more empathy and care. a starter level player should never ever leave mid-season just because he's unhappy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)