Medhi Benatia (14 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Apparently that season can be completely ignored. As can the fact we shipped 7 goals in 5 matches against Barcelona, Tottenham, Real Madrid with Benatia playing last season. If you don't include the meaningless Barcelona 0-0 in November without Messi, it's 7 goals in 4 matches.

Bonucci was apparently poor in 16-17 because of the CL final exclusively according to certain members. Never mind that he played 1100 more minutes that season than any of our other CBs, a season we won a domestic double and conceded 3 goals in 12 CL matches before the final, a season he was one of the biggest reasons we even got to the CL final and won that domestic double.

Anyways. It's all irrelevant as Allegri clearly rates Bonucci as far superior to Benatia. And that is all that matters.
Yeah. I take back there not being much of a meltdown. Went back far enough and read enough interesting posts for the day with posters like Zizi contributing (of course) and all the Arabs coming to Benatia's aid.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah. I take back there not being much of a meltdown. Went back far enough and read enough interesting posts for the day with posters like Zizi contributing (of course) and all the Arabs coming to Benatia's aid.
I don't like the Benatia->Caceres move on a sporting level. But if we replaced Benatia with a reliable, solid CB, I'd be more than happy. Good riddance to this guy's shitty attitude.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don't like the Benatia->Caceres move on a sporting level. But if we replaced Benatia with a reliable, solid CB, I'd be more than happy. Good riddance to this guy's shitty attitude.
Rugani as 3rd CB keeping Bonucci in check, Barzagli as 4th, Caceres as 5th (no learning curve which another CB would've had to deal with mid-season, already knows club and coach) is fine. True replacement will arrive in summer hopefully in the form of de Ligt.

Just hope none of the first three choices picks up an injury (other than little niggles) till Barzagli recovers.

Benatia/Rugani as 4th choice was a bit of a luxury tbh. More competition next season may be fine with Chiellini needing more rest.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rugani as 3rd CB keeping Bonucci in check, Barzagli as 4th, Caceres as 5th (no learning curve which another CB would've had to deal with mid-season, already knows club and coach) is fine. True replacement will arrive in summer hopefully in the form of de Ligt.

Just hope none of the first three choices picks up an injury (other than little niggles) till Barzagli recovers.

Benatia/Rugani as 4th choice was a bit of a luxury tbh. More competition next season may be fine with Chiellini needing more rest.
Do you think De ligt would start ahead of bonucci and chiellini

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Do you think De ligt would start ahead of bonucci and chiellini
Not Chiellini.

Re Bonucci, I don't know enough about de Ligt or if Bonucci will rid of his Milan virus in second half of the season to answer that. I'm just impressed 19 yo de Ligt benches de Vrij and excited we may sign the best CB of his generation (as touted) who would serve us for next 15 yrs.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Not Chiellini.

Re Bonucci, I don't know enough about de Ligt or if Bonucci will rid of his Milan virus in second half of the season to answer that. I'm just impressed 19 yo de Ligt benches de Vrij and excited we may sign the best CB of his generation (as touted) who would serve us for next 15 yrs.
Should tell you we aren't signing him. :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:touched: I am truly disappointed in Couscous breath, but why are people defending Bonucci all of a sudden? I seem to recall he defected to a certain AC Milan only last summer :numnum:

Or are we forgiving him because he decided to come back? :p:boh:
Nah. Not defending. Just understanding that we're better with Bonucci starting than Benatia.

Plus, Bonucci has eaten humble pie, shut up, and gone to work. He makes mistakes, sure, but at least he's learned to stop running his mouth after his little Milan fiasco.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
:touched: I am truly disappointed in Couscous breath, but why are people defending Bonucci all of a sudden? I seem to recall he defected to a certain AC Milan only last summer :numnum:

Or are we forgiving him because he decided to come back? :p:boh:
Can never be forgiven for celebrating in front of the same fans he sat and sang with.

But we're discussing his quality/ability. The two are different.

He's just a pawn now.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
He'll be forgiven if he wins CL with us, and rightly so.
That'd be won by the team, not by Bonucci himself.

Unless he beats two markers and scores the winning goal and then blocks a certain goal with his balls. Then maybe.

Some things you don't do. He broke the code.

That's just me of course. Many have already forgiven him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That'd be won by the team, not by Bonucci himself.

Unless he beats two markers and scores the winning goal and then blocks a certain goal with his balls. Then maybe.

Some things you don't do. He broke the code.

That's just me of course. Many have already forgiven him.
Nah. If he's starting XI for a CL winning team, it means he contributed significantly to that title. His form will be hugely important in giving us a great shot to win CL this year.

If we do it, he's a guaranteed club legend in my eyes. Already borderline with 6 scudetti, and 3 doubles. There will always be a bit of distaste with how he left and how he behaved, but triumphs on the pitch will always trump that.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Nah. If he's starting XI for a CL winning team, it means he contributed significantly to that title. His form will be hugely important in giving us a great shot to win CL this year.

If we do it, he's a guaranteed club legend in my eyes. Already borderline with 6 scudetti, and 3 doubles. There will always be a bit of distaste with how he left and how he behaved, but triumphs on the pitch will always trump that.
Again, that's quality/ability vs person.

He'll be part of a CL winning team, will be part of our history, but can never be seen as a bandiera again.

Maybe I shouldn't say never, but he has to do a lot to make up for it.

But as of right now, it's insulting to our actual legends to call him one.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Again, that's quality/ability vs person.

He'll be part of a CL winning team, will be part of our history, but can never be seen as a bandiera again.

Maybe I shouldn't say never, but he has to do a lot to make up for it.

But as of right now, it's insulting to our actual legends to call him one.
And again, that's personal opinion... there will always be two camps on Bonucci, regardless of his success over the course of his entire career here. Some won't be able to ever forgive his year-long blunder, others already have. But you can rest assured he'll be considered a legend by the club if plays another few years here and we keep winning shit.

Apr 19, 2007
And again, that's personal opinion... there will always be two camps on Bonucci, regardless of his success over the course of his entire career here. Some won't be able to ever forgive his year-long blunder, others already have. But you can rest assured he'll be considered a legend by the club if plays another few years here and we keep winning shit.
He lost my personal love but also I dont have much hate for him. I do think if we have a good 4 years with Ronaldo and hes a starter those years he will be a legend and possibly the most decorated player in our history as far as trophies go. What player has won the most scudettos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)