Medhi Benatia (11 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
From Benatia's perspective, he won't be making much more nor will he compete for high honors. I would've understood if he opted for a decent Euro team. Or if he went to an equally poor league/team but for a higher salary - still sad for a very good player in his prime but would've made more sense.

He must've been dejected for not competing to be a starter to the point where he would go anywhere but stay at Juve. Still retarded but that's the only explanation I can think of.

Adds to his erratic decision-making after Real and Napoli fiascoes which almost cost us the scudetto too. Proves we were right in not relying on him this season.

- - - Updated - - -

If he really chose Quatar over United for the sake of 1.3m then he is a dick.
Not a dick but supremely retarded. But I doubt Utd would've backed out over 1.3m.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I read he got 5M just for signing there, true? Also, some details on his contract? I know its 5M, but what length compared to the Milan and Marseille offers?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I hadn't even heard of this qatari club till yesterday
Im sure Benatia cares a lot about your opinion on his next club :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

they never made an offer as far as I'm aware, asides from that man utd offered him less money, but clearly would be facing competition in defence
Aside from that being irrelevant, its competition from Jones and Smalling. Lindeloff is the only sure starter.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Im sure Benatia cares a lot about your opinion on his next club :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from that being irrelevant, its competition from Jones and Smalling. Lindeloff is the only sure starter.
Yeah try and humour me because that was an epic fail there

lindeloff and baily are their sure starters, Benatia is hardly that much better than either of them and probably on par with Smalling at his best

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Especially on 1 vs 1 as well as marking, defending headers (even if Koulibaly did get past him) and anticipation, it's not close and pretty noticeable as evidenced by his matches this season where he got beat several times and his time at Milan. You wouldn't say the the same thing as now if we were in the 2017-2018 season and Bonucci was still at Milan.
And what about the 2016-17 season?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Of course I wouldn't. He had a terrible season at Milan. That doesn't change his previous 3 years under Allegri, where he was a major part of 3 straight domestic doubles, and two CL finals runs on the strength of our defending. Where his 1v1, marking, defending headers, anticipation (which was actually very good), etc was nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

Add to that we have a far better defensive record this year than we did last year, even with Bonucci not finding his best form yet, in large part because he makes it so much more difficult for teams to press us and cause mistakes playing the ball out.
His 1v1 was always bad.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And what about the 2016-17 season?
Apparently that season can be completely ignored. As can the fact we shipped 7 goals in 5 matches against Barcelona, Tottenham, Real Madrid with Benatia playing last season. If you don't include the meaningless Barcelona 0-0 in November without Messi, it's 7 goals in 4 matches.

Bonucci was apparently poor in 16-17 because of the CL final exclusively according to certain members. Never mind that he played 1100 more minutes that season than any of our other CBs, a season we won a domestic double and conceded 3 goals in 12 CL matches before the final, a season he was one of the biggest reasons we even got to the CL final and won that domestic double.

Anyways. It's all irrelevant as Allegri clearly rates Bonucci as far superior to Benatia. And that is all that matters.

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
Calling him retarded to opting money for the long term sake of his family? :sergio: This club really has some terrible fans. Maybe he has too much respect for us when he could move either to Milan or Utd and do damage to us in a meeting which is why he leaving Europe.

Gabigol

Jul 6, 2018
Apparently that season can be completely ignored. As can the fact we shipped 7 goals in 5 matches against Barcelona, Tottenham, Real Madrid with Benatia playing last season. If you don't include the meaningless Barcelona 0-0 in November without Messi, it's 7 goals in 4 matches.

Bonucci was apparently poor in 16-17 because of the CL final exclusively according to certain members. Never mind that he played 1100 more minutes that season than any of our other CBs, a season we won a domestic double and conceded 3 goals in 12 CL matches before the final, a season he was one of the biggest reasons we even got to the CL final and won that domestic double.

Anyways. It's all irrelevant as Allegri clearly rates Bonucci as far superior to Benatia. And that is all that matters.
One of the most idiotic posts I have ever read :inter:

Edit:
Yeah try and humour me because that was an epic fail there

lindeloff and baily are their sure starters, Benatia is hardly that much better than either of them and probably on par with Smalling at his best
I take it back. This is the most idiotic posts I have ever read.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Because the only difference between 17 and 18 Juve is Bonucci/Benatia :baus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)