Medhi Benatia (18 Viewers)

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Benatia has been such a bitch the last few months though. He's literally depressed on social media, never posts anything about the team like the rest do and always posting these passive aggressive things.
Know the type, low-key got some inferiority complex and he deals with it by bitching on social media. Get rid.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Benatia has been such a bitch the last few months though. He's literally depressed on social media, never posts anything about the team like the rest do and always posting these passive aggressive things.
Disgusting. If he's not careful we should sell him to Milan as punishment

Oct 23, 2011
His moaning aside, there has been no reason not to play him more often considering he was a solid starter last season, unless he showed bad behavior during training sessions and whatnot. Having said that, bitching on social media is never the solution. Pretty surprised however some other big teams aren't interested and he is actually considering Saudi-Arabia.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
It was also a ~90th minute Koulibaly header over Benatia that almost cost us the Scudetto last year.... :shifty:

Good thing Allegri benched his ass for the last 4 games in favour of Rugani. :hihi:
And he made this stupid last minute foul against Real that cost us CL semis and Buffon his reputation.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It was also a ~90th minute Koulibaly header over Benatia that almost cost us the Scudetto last year.... :shifty:

Good thing Allegri benched his ass for the last 4 games in favour of Rugani. :hihi:
Resulting in us conceding 4 goals in the last 4 games, 2 against 10 man inter :baus: Good thing Max put him back into the lineup for the coppa final and we kept a clean sheet, with him scoring twice as a bonus

- - - Updated - - -

And he made this stupid last minute foul against Real that cost us CL semis and Buffon his reputation.
After AS kept Ronaldo onside :baus:

Some players wouldnt even make it back in time to contest Vazquez on that play....

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Know the type, low-key got some inferiority complex and he deals with it by bitching on social media. Get rid.
Only player i skipped when watching the netflix documentary. There's something about him i just can't stand. Nevertheless a good defender we maybe shouldn't have let go.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Resulting in us conceding 4 goals in the last 4 games, 2 against 10 man inter :baus: Good thing Max put him back into the lineup for the coppa final and we kept a clean sheet, with him scoring twice as a bonus

- - - Updated - - -

After AS kept Ronaldo onside :baus:

Some players wouldnt even make it back in time to contest Vazquez on that play....
:lol:

You’re so whiny right now.

I’m a fan of Benatia, unlike our dear B81 who called him the Moroccan Malaise and Couscous breath. I would far prefer we keep him, and rotate our CBs a little more often. He’s a good defender.

But Benatia was very close to as error prone as Bonucci for his entire time here. He was hardly some defensive god while Bonucci is a scrub. Our defending in CL with him as the starter last season was very poor.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
:lol:

You’re so whiny right now.

I’m a fan of Benatia, unlike our dear B81 who called him the Moroccan Malaise and Couscous breath. I would far prefer we keep him, and rotate our CBs a little more often. He’s a good defender.

But Benatia was very close to as error prone as Bonucci for his entire time here. He was hardly some defensive god while Bonucci is a scrub. Our defending in CL with him as the starter last season was very poor.
Benatia is not perfect and has his weaknesses, but he's still miles ahead Bonucci in regards to defending

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I disagree. I think he’s better at defending than Bonucci was performing this autumn, obviously, but about the same as Bonucci at his best as far as defending goes.

Miles ahead is ridiculous hyperbole.
Especially on 1 vs 1 as well as marking, defending headers (even if Koulibaly did get past him) and anticipation, it's not close and pretty noticeable as evidenced by his matches this season where he got beat several times and his time at Milan. You wouldn't say the the same thing as now if we were in the 2017-2018 season and Bonucci was still at Milan.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I really hope this money is being used to get Ramsey here now. This makes no sense otherwise.

But hey, the Juve mantra of "If a player wants to leave, he can" continues even after Marotta. So maybe it wasn't Beppe's mandate after all........

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Especially on 1 vs 1 as well as marking, defending headers (even if Koulibaly did get past him) and anticipation, it's not close and pretty noticeable as evidenced by his matches this season where he got beat several times and his time at Milan. You wouldn't say the the same thing as now if we were in the 2017-2018 season and Bonucci was still at Milan.
Of course I wouldn't. He had a terrible season at Milan. That doesn't change his previous 3 years under Allegri, where he was a major part of 3 straight domestic doubles, and two CL finals runs on the strength of our defending. Where his 1v1, marking, defending headers, anticipation (which was actually very good), etc was nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

Add to that we have a far better defensive record this year than we did last year, even with Bonucci not finding his best form yet, in large part because he makes it so much more difficult for teams to press us and cause mistakes playing the ball out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)