Medhi Benatia (20 Viewers)

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
He was in great shape but was also involved in several meaning moment last season so I can understand why Max is trying to get Bonbon to his old form. If Bonbon keep playing like now, Medhi will be playing a lot in the second half for sure

We'll see
Which old mythical form are we talking about here? When he could defend 1v1 once upon a never?

Benatia can defend better than Bon & Rugani.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Im not a big Bonucci fan but lets not forget about that defense in 2015. He was really good and you dont suck and give up two goals as a team in 13 games or whatever.
In 2015 we were playing 3 CB's and 2 wingbacks, so basically 5 defenders, partly to cover for his lack of defending ability. Barzagli and Chiellini were doing all the tackling in those days. This meant we were always 1 midfielder/attacker short. His only positive attribute is the occasional nice long pass which leads to a goal. That's great and he's quite skilled at doing that but a defender needs to be able to defend before anything else. It's no coincidence that his horrible form in Milan and his letting in of goals this season at Juve have been in a 4 man defence, where he actually has to make some meaningful tackles and interventions, something he has never been capable of doing.

Apr 19, 2007
In 2015 we were playing 3 CB's and 2 wingbacks, so basically 5 defenders, partly to cover for his lack of defending ability. Barzagli and Chiellini were doing all the tackling in those days. This meant we were always 1 midfielder/attacker short. His only positive attribute is the occasional nice long pass which leads to a goal. That's great and he's quite skilled at doing that but a defender needs to be able to defend before anything else. It's no coincidence that his horrible form in Milan and his letting in of goals this season at Juve have been in a 4 man defence, where he actually has to make some meaningful tackles and interventions, something he has never been capable of doing.
We played a 4 man d most of the CL until the end when we actually gave up goals

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
We played a 4 man d most of the CL until the end when we actually gave up goals
You're right, we played a bit of 4-man defence that season in UCL, although most of the group stages were 3 man, and a couple of knockout games were 3 man as well.
The Semi and Final were 4-man.

This was the season where we started to shift to a 4 man defence.

Apr 19, 2007
You're right, we played a bit of 4-man defence that season in UCL, although most of the group stages were 3 man, and a couple of knockout games were 3 man as well.

This was the season where we started to shift to a 4 man defence.
I think thats the opposite if I remember correctly. We were 4 man all year but when Cuads started to lose form we pushed alves up and went 3 man. I could be wrong but thats what I remember

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I think we played a 3 man defense in the final.

We played a 4 man defense in the first leg against Barca and a 3 man defense in the second leg.

Against Monaco both games were 3 man defense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)