Medhi Benatia (40 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have to give Chiellini some blame for that mistake as well. Such a contrast in styles there. Benatia wants to play the keeper and Chiellini wants to smash it into orbit. Hopefully they sort that out.
“We could’ve had a second or third goal, but we only ran a risk at the end with my error. The ball bobbled, Chiellini wanted me to hoof it clear, and he was right, but fortunately Wojciech Szczesny made a great save.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
“We could’ve had a second or third goal, but we only ran a risk at the end with my error. The ball bobbled, Chiellini wanted me to hoof it clear, and he was right, but fortunately Wojciech Szczesny made a great save.”
Well ya Benatia should have probably just hoofed it but still Chiellini did get in his way. He probably would have made the pass back easily without Chiellini there.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
That giveaway at the end was a schick joke. He sure must be happy we have Wojech in goal
Complete miscommunication between him and Chiellini. I had a mini heart attack at that moment.

All in all though, he has almost been Juventus' most important player of the last 6-8 weeks!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm glad King Szcz came to the rescue. His overall performance and the goal didn't deserve to be ruined by that howler.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well ya Benatia should have probably just hoofed it but still Chiellini did get in his way. He probably would have made the pass back easily without Chiellini there.
it was a miscommunication. Benatia was closest to the ball, Chiellini should have dropped back and wide a bit, so Benatia can pass him the ball. Chiellini however went after it anyway and they both were on the ball at the same time. at this point Benatia should get out of the way and let Chiellini hoof it forward, but he doesent know how close the player behind him is. it was Chiellinis job to yell at him to get out of the way so he can hoof it. luckily it didnt cost us

- - - Updated - - -

would you look at this terrorist

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's hard to criticise players at this level when they want to always play the ball, it's an instinctive thing that will pop up time and again, but once the partnership grows with Chiellini they'll understand little things like body language better.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Arsenal are interested in Benatia & they’re ready to offer up to €40m to sign but Juventus are not interested in selling him. (Sky)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)