Maybe Diego?? (3 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Who said we're even getting Diego? I'd be quite please if we did, but he doesn't seem like the type of player Juve signs

rae

Il Conservatore
Nov 12, 2003
OK guys here is my answer:

Tottenham Hotspur target Diego has finally been granted an Italian passport which has thus far blocked his move to Europe.
The skilful midfielder has been trying to obtain an EU passport for the better part of a year and his application has now been granted by the Italian authorities, qualifying through his grandparents.

A move to The Premiership had previously been a no-go as he had not played the required amount of games for the World Champions.

However, despite his success for a passport, Spurs may be further rebuffed in their attempts to sign him as it is being reported that the player's father and agent, Djair da Cunha, has rented a house in Sant' Angelo Lodigiano, approximately 18 km from Milan, who are keen to link the talented youngster up with compatriot Kaka who has taken Serie A by storm.

Diego showed a preference for one of the big Italian clubs after obtaining his passport, with Spurs not mentioned among his favourites: "Now that I have got an EU passport, it will be easier for me to play in Europe.

"I like Milan, Juventus, Internazionale and Roma, but if I don't play for those teams I would like to do it in any other big club in Europe.

"I don't know a word of Italian but that's not a problem. I don't know a word of German, French or English either."

The talented youngster is still contracted to Brazilian side Santos until 2005 and Diego admits he is in no great rush to pack his bags for Europe despite obtaining the necessary documentation.

"I am not in a hurry to leave Brazil. My contract with Santos expires in 2005 but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be transferred then," he added.

"If I receive a good offer I will analyse it but if I don't receive any offers I will stay at Santos until my contract expires or I will renew it."

Issue: PlanetFootball

!!!SO DIEGO IS COMING TO MILAN!!!

venom

Oct 22, 2003
If he would be joining I hope Lippi/Bangsbo/Ventrone are gone by then. It just feels like this club is turning to be a new Inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)