Maybe Diego?? (1 Viewer)

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Diego granted EU passport

Tottenham Hotspur target Diego has finally been granted an Italian passport which has thus far blocked his move to Europe.
The skilful midfielder has been trying to obtain an EU passport for the better part of a year and his application has now been granted by the Italian authorities, qualifying through his grandparents.

A move to The Premiership had previously been a no-go as he had not played the required amount of games for the World Champions.

However, despite his success for a passport, Spurs may be further rebuffed in their attempts to sign him as it is being reported that the player's father and agent, Djair da Cunha, has rented a house in Sant' Angelo Lodigiano, approximately 18 km from Milan, who are keen to link the talented youngster up with compatriot Kaka who has taken Serie A by storm.

Diego showed a preference for one of the big Italian clubs after obtaining his passport, with Spurs not mentioned among his favourites: "Now that I have got an EU passport, it will be easier for me to play in Europe.

"I like Milan, Juventus, Internazionale and Roma, but if I don't play for those teams I would like to do it in any other big club in Europe.

"I don't know a word of Italian but that's not a problem. I don't know a word of German, French or English either."

The talented youngster is still contracted to Brazilian side Santos until 2005 and Diego admits he is in no great rush to pack his bags for Europe despite obtaining the necessary documentation.

"I am not in a hurry to leave Brazil. My contract with Santos expires in 2005 but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be transferred then," he added.

"If I receive a good offer I will analyse it but if I don't receive any offers I will stay at Santos until my contract expires or I will renew it."

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
Digeo Looks Milan-Bound After Gaining Italian Passport

03/18/2004. Brazilian sensation Diego looks set to join AC Milan after obtaining an Italian passport.

The teenager had been expected to join Tottenham after paperwork problems halted a proposed move to White Hart Lane last year.

However, now that he is free to join the Londoners he is tipped to join Milan after his father and agent, Djair da Cunha, revealed he'd rented a flat near to the Italian city.
Rob Hogley

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
well if Milan really want Diego, i think they would get him ahead of Juve just cause of the Brazilian connection they already have at Milan. i think Diego would prefer to play with fellow international team mate Kaka then play with Nedved. But who knows after all he did say he would love to play for teams like Juve, Milan, Inter and Roma.

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
if diego goes milan they will have kaka,ruicosta and diego fighting for the same position and currently they don't need him
on the other hand we need him more than ever bcuz right now PAVEL NEEDS AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER ALONGSIDE HIM IN THE MIDFIELD.

Juve100%

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
if diego goes milan they will have kaka,ruicosta and diego fighting for the same position and currently they don't need him
on the other hand we need him more than ever bcuz right now PAVEL NEEDS AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER ALONGSIDE HIM IN THE MIDFIELD.
Rui Costa will leave at the end of the season, 95% sure.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
tribalfootball :

Santos midfielder Diego insists he is no rush to move to Europe, despite winning his EU passport this week.
Tottenham are in advanced talks with Santos over the Brazilian, who is also being chased by a host of Italian clubs.

"I wouldn't have a problem playing in Europe, even though I do not speak a foreign language," said the 18 year-old.

"I'm in no rush to leave Santos. I have a contract until 2005 and will only leave for a great club."

Diego admitted earlier this week that his "dream was to play with Del Piero at Juventus".

i see him joining juve...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
it would be great, but i just dont imagine a Brazilian playing for juve....

besides Athirson, i think it was Cesar the defender who was the last brazilian player to play for juve.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
the chances of seeing a young starlet like him joining are remote. you know Moggi, he'll go for a player like Pizarro from udinese who wont be good for us and Diego will join a spanish team or a rival in italy and play brilliant like kaka is now.

if moggi ignores this player and turns towards a player from a mid table team in serie A, we might as well not even watch juve next season. we see players like trabelsi and diego wanting to join and moggi will go for hacks who are half decent in serie A.:down:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with you Adrian. It is ridiculous what Moggi does sometimes. I don't expect Diego to be here next season.

Forza Juve, Moggi: Buy good players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)