May 17th ...If you were Trap how would you choose them? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ok, wait. Lemme get something straight. When is Trap REALLY selecting his 23 man squad? I thought it was supposed to be yesterday, then I hear today, and nothing has been announced yet, so when will he do it? Later on today, tomorrow, when?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
btw. Gazzetta reports that Gilardino won't be a part of the team...
They seem to think that Di Vaio is going, right? (my italian sucks)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

They seem to think that Di Vaio is going, right? (my italian sucks)
what I got from the translation is that they seem to think Di Vaio is
taking a spot since Inzaghi will be out due injury!

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
if i were trap this would be my squadlist

Keepers - Buffon, Peruzzi, Toldo

Defenders - F. Cannavaro, Favalli, Ferrari, Materazzi, Nesta, Oddo, Panucci, Zambrotta.

Midfielders - Camoranesi, Fiore, Gattuso, Perrotta, Pirlo, C. Zanetti

Strikers - Cassano, Corradi, Del Piero, Di Vaio, Totti, Vieri.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
trap took coraddi over micco?? well, that was dumb, micco scored for italy, and corradi has been crap for italy. and no gila??? crazy old fool. Lippi could no best for the italy squad..bah trap, i lost my faith in you.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Trap didn't choose Corradi over Miccoli - they play different positions. Cassano and Di Vaio were the ones taken ahead of Miccoli, and rightfully so imo.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
As compared to the current selection:

Keepers - Buffon, Toldo, Pellizoli (little difference as 3rd strings rarely play)

Defenders - F. Cannavaro, Favalli, Ferrari, Bonera, Nesta, Oddo, Panucci.

Midfielders - Zambrotta (back to original position), Fiore, Gattuso, Perrotta, Pirlo, C. Zanetti

Strikers - Cassano, Corradi, Baggio, Gilardino, Totti, Vieri.

OP
Juve_7

Juve_7

Apr 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    Here it is guys Trap's choice

=== Italy names 23-man EURO 2004 squad ===

Rome, Italy (Sports Network) - Italy named its 23-man provisional squad Tuesday for this summer's Euro 2004 in Portugal, and a pair of noteworthy strikers were left off the list. Italian international coach Giovanni Trapattoni, whose team will begin training on Monday, omitted the likes of youngster Gilardino and veteran Filippo Inzaghi. Gilardino is coming off an impressive Serie A campaign that saw him register 23 goals, including four in Parma's season finale this past weekend. Inzaghi recently underwent surgery on an injured ankle that hurt his chances of a spot in the squad. Trapattoni was forced to leave out the pair due to an abundance of quality strikers at his disposal. Juventus' Marco Di Vaio appears to have been the final forward selected, joining the likes of Alessandro Del Piero, Antonio Cassano, Francesco Totti, Bernardo Corradi and Christian Vieri. Italy opens the tournament on June 14 against Denmark. The complete Italian squad consists of: Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus) Francesco Toldo (Internazionale) Angelo Peruzzi (Lazio) Defenders: Christian Panucci (Roma) Massimo Oddo (Lazio) Fabio Cannavaro (Internazionale) Alessandro Nesta (Milan) Matteo Ferrari (Parma) Marco Materazzi (Internazionale) Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus) Giuseppe Favalli (Lazio) Midfielders: Andrea Pirlo (Milan) Gennaro Gattuso (Milan) Simone Perrotta (Chievo Verona) Cristiano Zanetti (Internazionale) Stefano Fiore (Lazio) Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus) Forwards: Marco Di Vaio (Juventus) Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus) Antonio Cassano (Roma) Francesco Totti (Roma) Bernardo Corradi (Lazio) Christian Vieri (Internazionale)

©The Herald News 2004
    <http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11704207&BRD=1710&PAG=740&dept_id=353130&rfi=6>

Dec 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Dear Trap,

After seeing the 4 magnificent goals that he scored today, allow me to warmly recommend you to reconsider and to take this Gilardino kid to Portugal, or else I will feel obliged to HUNT YOU DOWN AND SPANK YOUR 65 YEAR OLD BEHIND until it turns as red as Luciano Gaucci's face after Perugia are refused a penalty.

Sincerely

Kaiser Franco
    You just don't listen Trap, do you?

I understand you preferred betting on cohesion and complementarity rather than on sheer talent : with Corradi quietly sitting on the bench instead of Gilardino or even Inzaghi, Vieri won't feel any heat. And therefore won't have any excuse for failing - just like you Trap, remember?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)