Mauro Icardi - ST - PSG (99 Viewers)

want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sacron

May 16, 2010
If we for just a second, allthough its hard forget his Inter time, swapping Morata for Icardi on paper is a huge upgrade. I mean, if we play shit deep and hoof the ball, maybe not.. But in general Icardi is a far better striker.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
If we for just a second, allthough its hard forget his Inter time, swapping Morata for Icardi on paper is a huge upgrade. I mean, if we play shit deep and hoof the ball, maybe not.. But in general Icardi is a far better striker.
yes but look at his current physical condition.... if it was prime Icardi I would be happy as well but lookt at him now! we'd need months to make him fit again. Let alone perform!
Then what sign him permanently while being 28yrs old giving up on Vlahovic?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

psg have a better midfield and play much higher on the pitch, so that's partly an explanation. still, icardi might turn out very static compared to morata.

i remember when icardi had a good streak at inda he 100% relied on wingers. all eyes on cuadrado and his crosses.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Hope het goes fully Emiliano Sala on the flight to Turin ...

Jokes apart, hope we don't sign him. Ofc we need another striker if Morata leaves, but In fear doe Icardi's fitness level and mentality. The problem is, there aren't many alternatives.
that's why it makes no sense to let Morata go now.
Keep him end this shambolic season and get Vlahovic and be set for good.
Do not waste any more money like we did with Kean.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
A far better striker based on what? A huge upgrade based on what? He’s been shit since 2017-18. That’s a long time.

Their career minutes/goal + assist is identical. 111 minutes for one and 113 minutes for the other. Icardi is overrated massively here based on a 2 season stretch he had that ended 4 seasons ago. He’s been trash ever since. His last season at Inter and 3 seasons now at PSG playing with some of the best chance creators in all football. Declining every single season. And now he looks fat and out of shape.

Huge upgrade lol. I’ll believe it when I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but look at his current physical condition.... if it was prime Icardi I would be happy as well but lookt at him now! we'd need months to make him fit again. Let alone perform!
Then what sign him permanently while being 28yrs old giving up on Vlahovic?
Even worse, he’s 29 in February. Signing him outright in the summer would be an appalling decision.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
A far better striker based on what? A huge upgrade based on what? He’s been shit since 2017-18. That’s a long time.

Their career minutes/goal + assist is identical. 111 minutes for one and 113 minutes for the other. Icardi is overrated massively here based on a 2 season stretch he had that ended 4 seasons ago. He’s been trash ever since. His last season at Inter and 3 seasons now at PSG playing with some of the best chance creators in all football. Declining every single season. And now he looks fat and out of shape.

Huge upgrade lol. I’ll believe it when I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Even worse, he’s 29 in February. Signing him outright in the summer would be an appalling decision.
I'm not a huge fan of Morata as I think he's quite mediocre, but getting Icardi is way worse.

Icardi needs everyone to work for him and feed him with balls, he's the ultimate poacher and can't do anything on his own. Getting him seems retarded if your board doesn't invest in the midfield first.

How is he supposed to be useful without having more creative players around him? Dybala, Cuadrado, Chiesa won't be enough for that. The overall midfield quality simply has to be better.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I'm not a huge fan of Morata as I think he's quite mediocre, but getting Icardi is way worse.

Icardi needs everyone to work for him and feed him with balls, he's the ultimate poacher and can't do anything on his own. Getting him seems retarded if your board doesn't invest in the midfield first.

How is he supposed to be useful without having more creative players around him? Dybala, Cuadrado, Chiesa won't be enough for that. The overall midfield quality simply has to be better.
4-2-3-1
Locatelli-Someone
Chiesa-Dybala-Cuadrado
Icardi

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How? How is current Icardi an upgrade to Morata?

It's 2022.

"In general" Morata is better in all parts of the game, except for tapping in.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
How? How is current Icardi an upgrade to Morata?

It's 2022.

"In general" Morata is better in all parts of the game, except for tapping in.
Icardi is an upgrade because he scores more. They are center forwards. We need them to score and Icardi is much better at that. Morata has some nice attributes but its been shown time and time again that he isn't a great scorer, and at the moment what we need is a scorer.

Morata is not better enough at other aspects of the game to warrant having him over someone like Icardi.

Icardi is an ass but he is a better player and certainly a better scorer.

On the most superficial level we can look at stats. Icardi 2020/21 doesn't fit at PSG, is unsettled, and yet he still scores more than Morata.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
that's why it makes no sense to let Morata go now.
Keep him end this shambolic season and get Vlahovic and be set for good.
Do not waste any more money like we did with Kean.
We will be pushed to buy him or following PSG terms if we gives Morata to Barca now. Our management will look clueless again if we do that
I still hope we keep Morata if the option available is Milik and Icardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)