want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
passing, vision, free kicks, crossing, not being a fucking douche, shots outside the area, better use of space near the area, more instagram followers, versatility, better tattoos, more potential assists, involvement both in link up play and build up. we quickly forgot how good dybala can be as either a striker or a seconda punta.

icardi is a better finisher (in fact, that's his only world class skill, although a very important one, i give him that) and obviously better in the air. other than that, dybala is simply a superior footballer. also, inda recently begun to bench icardi in martinez's favor, and desperately need some creativity. an icardi-dybala would benefit them 100%. while icardi and martinez can't really play together, a dybala-martinez pairing wouldn't look bad at all for them.

anyway, icardi is the kind of character i couldn't stand at juve even if he had messi's skills with ronaldo's physique and dedication. i'd keep him far away from juve's locker.
Icardi can shoot outside of the area too. Remember his goal against Spurs? No doubt Dybala is better in free kicks. He is a better passer too, but that doesn't mean he's a good passer. If he was he would've worked in a CAM position.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its very unfair to say he just sucks at other positions.

Didnt he score 22 goals in serie A from RW last season? He has also put in big performances at CAM before too in a season we were 1 game away from a treble

These might not have seemed his ideal roles at times but he isnt incompetent there when the team is actually doing well
I don't get it. If he's versatile, and that good in other positions, so what's the justification for his bad season? I thought collective wisdom of Tuz concluded that him being played out of position resulted in this.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify again, I'm not pro Icardi. I just think we won't play a Dybala Ronaldo front line, and for that reason it's better for Juve and Dybala both to part ways.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Icardi can shoot outside of the area too. Remember his goal against Spurs? No doubt Dybala is better in free kicks. He is a better passer too, but that doesn't mean he's a good passer. If he was he would've worked in a CAM position.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it. If he's versatile, and that good in other positions, so what's the justification for his bad season? I thought collective wisdom of Tuz concluded that him being played out of position resulted in this.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify again, I'm not pro Icardi. I just think we won't play a Dybala Ronaldo front line, and for that reason it's better for Juve and Dybala both to part ways.
Perhaps. Also sometimes even very good players dont have the best of seasons like most of our team this season for example.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
ah, so dybala is not a good passer anymore

i love you man, but the revisionism here about both allegri and a bunch of players (pjanic and dybala especially) is getting out of hand. you can call dybala a mentally weak player, i wouldn't really have any issues with it, but not a good passer? he's not a good cam because he's not strong and fast enough for that, but he has the vision, the technique, the skills and the passing to be a very good attacker. icardi has the finishing.

about icardi's shooting outside the box:

is shooting outside of the area one of mds' strengths now? icardi mostly works in the area, and his first touch (which is often a shot) is awesome. that's his main skill.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Icardi is a top 5 CF, IMO.

I would not mind getting him at all, I just think we should prioritize CM and CB problems and then maybe think about him.

And we have Kean who has shown a lot of promise.

Also, I don't understand why did we re-new Mandzkic if we are going after a new CF.

Jun 6, 2015
The main thing Icardi has going for him is that he can play with his back to the goal. That's one of the reasons why Mandzo starts for us as well. I don't see Allegri playing Ronaldo as the main striker.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
ah, so dybala is not a good passer anymore

i love you man, but the revisionism here about both allegri and a bunch of players (pjanic and dybala especially) is getting out of hand. you can call dybala a mentally weak player, i wouldn't really have any issues with it, but not a good passer? he's not a good cam because he's not strong and fast enough for that, but he has the vision, the technique, the skills and the passing to be a very good attacker. icardi has the finishing.

about icardi's shooting outside the box:

is shooting outside of the area one of mds' strengths now? icardi mostly works in the area, and his first touch (which is often a shot) is awesome. that's his main skill.
Just checked. You are right. Icardi rarely scored any goal outside of the area. And that MDS video made me laugh. Thank you!
So here's what we have:
Dybala: Great left foot shot, no right foot shot, great free kick taker, good passer inside the box, no header
Icardi: OK left foot shot, Great right foot shot, No free kicks, No passing game, great header.

All in all, I think Allegri won't use Dybala in a 2 man line anyway for the reasons I stated above.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
All we know is that something did happen to destabilize Inter's dressing room and Icardi and Wanda were certainly involved.

This move would truly not make sense especially because he's not the perfect role model that Paratici passionately describes when asked about our transfer targets.

- World class proven player.
- Lots of international experience.
- Lots of CL experience.
- Won trophies.
- Professional and well behaved outside of the football field.

Icardi possesses none of Paratici's traits above especially the ones where he talks about that our transfer targets must be very professional and well behaved so this move wouldn't make much sense.

Maybe Paratici knows or sees something that we don't because splashing 80+ million on a player who can't create anything without proper midfield would be pure madness imo.

Keeping Dybala and pairing him with Ronaldo upfront would be much more efficient than pairing Icardi with Ronaldo upfront with no midfield to service them.

Dybala is benched behind Mandzukic, Bernadeschi and Kean.

- - - Updated - - -

The main thing Icardi has going for him is that he can play with his back to the goal. That's one of the reasons why Mandzo starts for us as well. I don't see Allegri playing Ronaldo as the main striker.
Jesus fucking christ, stop making sense. Didnt you got the memo ?

You need to act eratic and emotional here. Dybala > Messi, Icardi<Higuain after burgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)