want him at Juve?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
How to not ever be wrong.
Pathetic. The first time I saw that info about Bepe being the leak to the media and with him gone journalists are mostly in the dark and only speculating I instantly believed it, even without a hard proof.

Most of the journalists have bigger ego even than the players and will never admit they were wrong, no matter what, so they try to cover every angle of a story and wait to see how it develops and which one of their initial report to follow...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Isn't it a wishful thinking?
Anyway if we can't sell Higuain I'd keep him.
One bad year can't destroy a player.

People seems to forget who is Higuain

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't it a wishful thinking?
Anyway if we can't sell Higuain I'd keep him.
One bad year can't destroy a player.

People seems to forget who is Higuain

would be awesome man!
Dybala+Matuidi for Pogba :D

100% trade :D Dybala 7.5m wage + Matuidi 4.5m wage vs Pogba 13m wage
No one forgot who is Higuain and what he has done...
Higuain when on top form is definitely top 5 strikers... The problem is he was on top form when he was at his last season at Napoli and he wasnt exactly a teenager
Then we bought him and he had a great season although he definitely declined since his Napoli days..
The season after he was on keeping declining and you could see how heavy he was on the field.. He was still a great player as he is a player who has many attributes.
The season after we got Ronaldo and we had to cut down on expenditures so we sent him to Chelsea but then again he continued his decline.
Now he isnt a kid anymore and is a very heavy player
He still has very good qualities such as finishing passing and other but time is not on his side..
We can keep him as a sub as he is definitely good enough to be a sub but on his payroll we rather just get rid of him

- - - Updated - - -

Icardi only wants Juventus. The two companies could begin negotiations next week. Juve could get him even before selling Mandzukic & Higuain to help force their sales. [Di Marzio]
So Napoli couldnt convince him afterall?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
No one forgot who is Higuain and what he has done...
Higuain when on top form is definitely top 5 strikers... The problem is he was on top form when he was at his last season at Napoli and he wasnt exactly a teenager
Then we bought him and he had a great season although he definitely declined since his Napoli days..
The season after he was on keeping declining and you could see how heavy he was on the field.. He was still a great player as he is a player who has many attributes.
The season after we got Ronaldo and we had to cut down on expenditures so we sent him to Chelsea but then again he continued his decline.
Now he isnt a kid anymore and is a very heavy player
He still has very good qualities such as finishing passing and other but time is not on his side..
We can keep him as a sub as he is definitely good enough to be a sub but on his payroll we rather just get rid of him

- - - Updated - - -

So Napoli couldnt convince him afterall?
yeah dude but since we can't make a loss out of him if we can't find a buyer let's make the best out of him.

May 26, 2016
Higuain is not what he was, sorry to say. He might do the job against minions in Serie A, but it ends there. However, Icardi is a total ass, so i much rather have Higgy and save some bucks and spend it on something more wise if it comes down to him or Icardi.

Mar 3, 2014
I’m for keeping Higuaín. Transfer fee already is booked and he will have a chip on his shoulder. We don’t need Icardi because it will surely mean Kean is sold vs a loan for example. Higuaín also knows Sarri which is useful. I’d rather save the money on Icardi and add either a midfielder or a creative player.

Sidenote:
Insigne may be expendable from Napoli and while I doubt he comes here due to the rivalry, I don’t get how he can be such a Juve hater when his favorite player was ADP. He even sticks out his tongue when he scores. Like he must have been so torn watching him - I hope ADP scores but Juve lose? I bet he’s a closet Juve fan. Either way. That would be the perfect acquisition IMO.

Insigne-Ronaldo-Costa would be devastating.

On Insigne: https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n..._lavversario_pi_difficile_da_marcare_insigne/
This is what Rutiger had to say a couple of years ago. His ability to move the ball quickly could open up so much space for Douglas Costa & Ronaldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I’m for keeping Higuaín. Transfer fee already is booked and he will have a chip on his shoulder. We don’t need Icardi because it will surely mean Kean is sold vs a loan for example. Higuaín also knows Sarri which is useful. I’d rather save the money on Icardi and add either a midfielder or a creative player.

Sidenote:
Insigne may be expendable from Napoli and while I doubt he comes here due to the rivalry, I don’t get how he can be such a Juve hater when his favorite player was ADP. He even sticks out his tongue when he scores. Like he must have been so torn watching him - I hope ADP scores but Juve lose? I bet he’s a closet Juve fan. Either way. That would be the perfect acquisition IMO.

Insigne-Ronaldo-Costa would be devastating.

On Insigne: https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n..._lavversario_pi_difficile_da_marcare_insigne/
This is what Rutiger had to say a couple of years ago. His ability to move the ball quickly could open up so much space for Douglas Costa & Ronaldo.

I`d take Chiesa over him anytime.. Insigne is good but he is being overrated because of his style of play...
Also Chiesa in 2 years time will look back and wont be able to see Insigne..

Mar 3, 2014
I`d take Chiesa over him anytime.. Insigne is good but he is being overrated because of his style of play...
Also Chiesa in 2 years time will look back and wont be able to see Insigne..
Chiesa is more of a winger and less of a creator. Chiesa is very direct and a great dribbler, but I see him as a better alternative for a guy like Costa. About 6% of passes run through Chiesa while about 9% run through Insigne. With Sarri it was almost 10%. If you're looking for a winger to play along with Ronaldo, Chiesa would be an option, but if you want a creator, I think there are many better options - with Insigne being a good one.

But agreed that from a long term perspective Chiesa is better. Next year though? While we have elite Cristiano, Insigne would have a tremendous impact.

Mar 3, 2014
Insigne?

Guys what a fuck are you talking about?

We need champions and top quality players alongside Ronaldo.
In his 3 years with Sarri, he was absolutely world class.
If you consider Dybala world class, Insigne is too.
This is a per minute adjusted production number of a 38 game season only including open play production - so no free kicks or penalties. Since 15/16, Insigne has averaged ~13 goals and 10 assists, while Dybala ~16 & 6. Insigne also creates significantly more chances. Insigne when used properly is among the best players in Serie A, is considered by Sarri to be the best Italian player (https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2018/10/sarri-rates-napoli-star-insigne-as-italys-best/), and knows Sarri's system. If it wasn't Sarri I would be more cautious, but this is the player that Sarri said he COULDN'T AFFORD to rotate. https://onefootball.com/en/news/wor...be-rested-sarri-en-17627194?variable=20190710 So to me it would be low risk, high reward signing because with James coming in, Insigne may be marginalized and could be sold at a reasonable price.

The first group includes statistics from 22 years old (which penalizes Insigne because he broke out later), while the second uses '15/16 as the first year.

D9eW12mXUAA_MZh?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
In his 3 years with Sarri, he was absolutely world class.
If you consider Dybala world class, Insigne is too.
This is a per minute adjusted production number of a 38 game season only including open play production - so no free kicks or penalties. Since 15/16, Insigne has averaged ~13 goals and 10 assists, while Dybala ~16 & 6. Insigne also creates significantly more chances. Insigne when used properly is among the best players in Serie A, is considered by Sarri to be the best Italian player (https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2018/10/sarri-rates-napoli-star-insigne-as-italys-best/), and knows Sarri's system. If it wasn't Sarri I would be more cautious, but this is the player that Sarri said he COULDN'T AFFORD to rotate. https://onefootball.com/en/news/wor...be-rested-sarri-en-17627194?variable=20190710 So to me it would be low risk, high reward signing because with James coming in, Insigne may be marginalized and could be sold at a reasonable price.

The first group includes statistics from 22 years old (which penalizes Insigne because he broke out later), while the second uses '15/16 as the first year.

D9eW12mXUAA_MZh?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Bro, Quag was top scorer in A last year, but that doesn't mean we should get his ass back here.

Mar 3, 2014
Life isn't fair and numbers don't lie bro.
You're right: life isn't fair and numbers don't lie. and I was wrong: The right word isn't fair. What I should have said was that it was a completely inept attempt at quantitative analytics & that it didn't merit a response. Any competent analysis of the numbers shows he is a top player in the league over the last 5 years.

Mar 3, 2014
Well, ok then. What about those stats he posted?

D9eW12mXUAA_MZh_format=jpg&name=small.jpg
And context is important too. You can’t compare a player on a champions league team against one that is mid-table or bottom of the table because you can extend that same silly argument and prefer Quag or even Hellas Verona Toni over Icardi. I don’t particularly want Icardi, but quite clearly if my choice was between Icardi and Quag, I’d take Icardi.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Chiesa is more of a winger and less of a creator. Chiesa is very direct and a great dribbler, but I see him as a better alternative for a guy like Costa. About 6% of passes run through Chiesa while about 9% run through Insigne. With Sarri it was almost 10%. If you're looking for a winger to play along with Ronaldo, Chiesa would be an option, but if you want a creator, I think there are many better options - with Insigne being a good one.

But agreed that from a long term perspective Chiesa is better. Next year though? While we have elite Cristiano, Insigne would have a tremendous impact.
I dont know.. I mean when Insigne started he was such a bright star and I dont feel he made that much of a progress.
Dybala can create as much as Insigne so if we look for this type I`d keep Dybala who IMO is the better player..
Also Dybala hasnt played a second under Sarri yet so maybe the tactic was what limited him.. What if he makes a breakthrough with Sarri..
Should that happen and all feel positive as well I see us taking the CL and none can stop us but then again its a big IF..

- - - Updated - - -

Well, ok then. What about those stats he posted?

D9eW12mXUAA_MZh_format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Nice table but we need to also take another thing under consideration.. Type of football that suited or hasnt the player - Insigne hell yeah Dybala not so much..

Anyway it doesnt matter as its not as if he is an option anyway..

Mar 3, 2014
I dont know.. I mean when Insigne started he was such a bright star and I dont feel he made that much of a progress.
Dybala can create as much as Insigne so if we look for this type I`d keep Dybala who IMO is the better player..
Also Dybala hasnt played a second under Sarri yet so maybe the tactic was what limited him.. What if he makes a breakthrough with Sarri..
Should that happen and all feel positive as well I see us taking the CL and none can stop us but then again its a big IF..

- - - Updated - - -

Nice table but we need to also take another thing under consideration.. Type of football that suited or hasnt the player - Insigne hell yeah Dybala not so much..

Anyway it doesnt matter as its not as if he is an option anyway..
I agree that Insigne hasn’t consistency met expectations. But under Sarri he finally appeared as though he was achieving that potential with 3 top notch seasons. Under Ancelotti, he began very well but fizzled off. He also played more centrally.

I agree with you on Dybala that he it could be a new opportunity for him and he may perform better under Sarri. He’s not quite the creator as Insigne but he is way more lethal of a shot, especially outside the box - absolutely world class - iirc Dybala and Coutinho are the best top players in strike rate outside the box. It is a critical year for Dybala though - he can not afford another year of failure. We will see how he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)