Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There are 3 things that could end bad with icardi here:
- dybala or cancelo sold;
- if we could have used the potential funds to buy a world class mid.;
- his wife talking sh*t.
I get those concerns, but this is a market opportunity that might be too good to pass up. Between Icardi and Kean we would be set on strikers for ~5 years. The only options for a world class midfielder are seemingly only Pogba and SMS, and the former could be a market opportunity as well if he only wants to join Juve. But if he goes to Real and Lotito continues to hold out on SMS, then we might be out of luck on another upgrade and simply stick with Rabiot and Ramsey who aren't bad additions.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I get those concerns, but this is a market opportunity that might be too good to pass up. Between Icardi and Kean we would be set on strikers for ~5 years. The only options for a world class midfielder are seemingly only Pogba and SMS, and the former could be a market opportunity as well if he only wants to join Juve. But if he goes to Real and Lotito continues to hold out on SMS, then we might be out of luck on another upgrade and simply stick with Rabiot and Ramsey who aren't bad additions.
If the club manages to sell higuain manbro and khedira without selling anyone else and bring icardi while retaining kean that would be a great piece of business.
I think icardi is a great player ,potentially world class.
The part about the midfielders I agree .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If Icardi arrives Kean will be sold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Icardi arrives Kean will be sold.

Are we trying to win everything within a window that is starting to close? Yes.
Can we most likely get Icardi on a discount? Yes.
Is Icardi better than Kean right now and in the next year or so? Yes.

If we are serious about trying to win everything, then a move like this has to be made, even if it means sacrificing Kean in the process. We can't afford to worry about 2-3 years from now when Kean realizes his full potential.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Are we trying to win everything within a window that is starting to close? Yes.
Can we most likely get Icardi on a discount? Yes.
Is Icardi better than Kean right now and in the next year or so? Yes.

If we are serious about trying to win everything, then a move like this has to be made, even if it means sacrificing Kean in the process. We can't afford to worry about 2-3 years from now when Kean realizes his full potential.
I like your analysis and how it focused on winning but I really lost all credibility in our management when they assigned Sarri. Sarri and winning do not go hand in hand.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I truly believe that Icardi would behave himself here. When you have three of the most professional attitudes in the world in your locker room in Ronaldo, Buffon, and Chiellini, that will rub off.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be fantastic and certainly possible.

If they got Icardi and that meant Dybala got sent to United as part of a deal to bring Pogba home, that would be all the better.

Think about the additions that would have been made to this team, with the only major loss being Dybala

Pogba
De Ligt
Rabiot
Ramsey
Icardi.

I mean, come on. Sarri or not, how would anyone NOT be absolutely jumping for joy with a transfer market such as that

- - - Updated - - -

Juve would far and away the biggest club he would have ever joined. How would you not be professional? Tevez was known as a problem child at Man City. Did he have any issues here?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Plus it's Juventus, not some clown club like Inter.

Some clubs talk the talk about wanting to win everything. This club wants to walk the walk. Big difference. And besides, we have a coach that could theoretically play to the strengths of someone like Icardi.

- - - Updated - - -

Costa-Icardi-CR7
Bernardeschi-Kean-Cuadrado

I mean, seriosuly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I truly believe that Icardi would behave himself here. When you have three of the most professional attitudes in the world in your locker room in Ronaldo, Buffon, and Chiellini, that will rub off.

- - - Updated - - -

If they got Icardi and that meant Dybala got sent to United as part of a deal to bring Pogba home, that would be all the better.

Think about the additions that would have been made to this team, with the only major loss being Dybala

Pogba
De Ligt
Rabiot
Ramsey
Icardi.

I mean, come on. Sarri or not, how would anyone NOT be absolutely jumping for joy with a transfer market such as that

- - - Updated - - -

Juve would far and away the biggest club he would have ever joined. How would you not be professional? Tevez was known as a problem child at Man City. Did he have any issues here?
That would be the best mercato I've ever seen. Three of them would be core players for most if not all teams, and even Ramsey and Rabiot could become core players as well. The midfield and forward line would be set, then we could potentially bring in a world class winger next year to replace DC.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Can I ask why that is such a bad thing?
icardi is easily the biggest dickhead on the football pitch these days. he had issues with his team mates, his supporters, his former club and its supporters, a persona non grata at the national team. he refused to train after he was stripped of the capitancy by faking an injury. he's the only player marotta is desperately trying to sell, and for a reason. juventus should be the last club to solve inda's problems, and inda should be the last club we're willing to help. the maxi lopez story is just the icing on the cake: every detail of it is simply disgusting. he's only 26 and had more unprofessional incidents than our whole squad and former players from the club's glorious history altogether. i have concerns about him on the pitch, but off it, zero doubts: he's the most terrible player we could bring in. i'd rather drag fucking cassano out of retirement than buy icardi.

simply put, he's cancer.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Exactly, Cassano interview, that's what missing this mercato, thank you.
The mercato is just starting.I am sure he will give at least 2 until it closes.
He will again brag about just how he was one of the dumb guys that refused us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Let's think about a couple of things here.

If Juve are still interested in Icardi then it is most likely a combination of two things. #1) They have done their due diligence and background checks on him, and #2) this would be a massive market opportunity. Let's factor in that A) Inter has made no secret about its desire for Lukaku #2) It is being reported that Conte is concerned about Icardi and Nainggolan in the dressing room.

His value is going to go down by the day.

And he would be playing for a coach that got Higuain the single season scoring mark in Serie A, and turned Dries Mertens into a 30 goal scorer. What do you think he could with Icardi?

My prediction. 10 million loan with 30-40 million obligation. If those were the numbers, you simply could not pass up on someone like Icardi for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)