Mauro Camoranesi (5 Viewers)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/aug12j.html

Tax threatens Camo's Blues move
Thursday 12 August, 2010
Tax issues are holding up Mauro Camoranesi’s transfer to Birmingham City, confirms his agent. “The transfer could collapse.”

The Juventus veteran is all set to join the Premier League side, but it’s reported this morning that the player has not yet agreed personal terms.

“Nothing has been concluded yet,” agent Sergio Fortunato told Calciomercato.it.

“At the moment we are not talking to Birmingham. We’re discussing it with the two clubs to find a solution.

“We don’t want to convince anyone, as it is all sorted with Juventus and we have a deal. It’s an issue of taxes. You’re offered a figure and it turns out to be half that.”

The 2006 World Cup winner would already be accepting a pay cut from the €2.5m he currently earns in Turin.

“The Bianconeri want to see how far Birmingham can go. Mauro has already spoken to manager Alex McLeish at the stadium and they got along well.

“If the opportunity to go to Birmingham exists, then that’s fine. If this transfer should collapse then we’d wait for another opportunity.”

Juve have already agreed to give Camoranesi a €1m golden handshake to rescind his contract a year early.

The Bianconeri are also in negotiations to hand Fabio Grosso to Birmingham City.

---

Doesn't make much sense to me. He "didn't realize" he'd be paying tax? 50% at that? Which is the same as in Italy?

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/aug12m.html

Camoranesi-Birmingham mystery
Thursday 12 August, 2010
More confirmation from a FIFA agent that Mauro Camoranesi’s Birmingham City move is in trouble, but “there are some things I cannot say.”

This morning Camoranesi’s agent Sergio Fortunato revealed there were problems due to taxes and how they would affect the wages promised, but there is a different view of events.

“Let’s just say there was everything needed to complete the transfer, but right now the negotiations have been interrupted,” FIFA agent and mediator Vlado Borozan told Sky Sport Italia.

“We don’t know what developments there will be. It’s a shame for Camoranesi, who is a great professional, a good man and had made it clear he appreciated this destination.

“I can only say that the two sides know what the problem is, the real reason why the talks have stopped.

“What is it about? There are some things I can say and others I cannot say. I am not authorised to tell you them.

“We will try to resume negotiations, but to be honest at the moment I’ve had no signs of that happening.

“For the moment we are not optimistic, I hope in the next few days the situation can calm down, but for now I don’t get that impression.”

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
http://www.football-italia.net/aug12r.html

Birmingham scrap Camo move
Thursday 12 August, 2010
Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish has put an end to talks with Mauro Camoranesi. “It’s not the way forward.”

It was known this morning that problems had emerged in the transfer, but the reasons behind it are still unclear.

“I have always been a big admirer (of Camoranesi) but negotiations became protracted and I had a further think,” McLeish told Sky Sports.

“I decided it was not quite the way forward for Birmingham at this particular time.”

It therefore looks as if the move has definitively collapsed when only personal terms had to be worked out.

The reasons are unclear, as Camoranesi’s agent mentioned a problem with taxes that would effectively halve the wages on offer.

However, FIFA agent and intermediary Vlado Borozan hinted at something deeper than that.

“I can only say that the two sides know what the problem is, the real reason why the talks have stopped.

“What is it about? There are some things I can say and others I cannot say. I am not authorised to tell you them.

“For the moment we are not optimistic, I hope in the next few days the situation can calm down, but for now I don’t get that impression.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)