Mauro Camoranesi (87 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Birmingham his new destination. Camo said yes.

It will probably happen on Monday. :D

Grosso might follow but that's not "done" yet.
:xfingers;
i said 3 years ago to sell his temperamental ass,he gave us good service but we should have sold him while there was still a price worth paying for his services

KRO87

Aug 7, 2010
Hi all, Birmingham City fan here in peace.

It looks as if Camoranesi is on his way to St Andrews. My question is, at 33 years old does he still have what it takes to do the business week in week out in the Premier League.

Also what do you think is his best position?

Thanks alot.

Keep Right On

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

It looks as if Camoranesi is on his way to St Andrews. My question is, at 33 years old does he still have what it takes to do the business week in week out in the Premier League.

Thanks alot.

Keep Right On
Hello and welcome.

IMO he is one of the finest winger I ever watched at Juve. Or I should correct myself - he was one of the finest wingers.

I think he's too old now and he lost it. He runs less, he's much weaker and plus he's more aggressive now. It's probably a good signing for Birmingham but you shouldn't expect too much. And one thing you should know about him - he's injury prone now too.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006

Thanks alot.

Keep Right On
Not to be rude but even at 33 he's your biggest signing.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
and to answer his most simple question, he likes to play on the right wing. On a good day he drifts everywhere and can be the playmaker of sorts.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
His best position is on the right wing. He is in Juventus since 2002 and 95% of the time he played on the right wing in a 4-4-2 formation.
In Italy he played on the right side of the midfield in a 4-3-1-2 but also he was one of the three attackers in 4-3-3 (played on the right side of the attack, of course).

Occasionally he played as a central midfielder in 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 and he even gave some of his best matches there, but I'm talking some 10 matches maximum in 8 years.

In short, he is a winger who used to be one of the finest wingers in the world, known for his great crosses, technique and work rate. But right now he is injury prone, slower and the work rate is not one of his qualities anymore. Quite the contrary, you can even say that he's lazy.
Maybe a new team and atmosphere will force him to work harder, though. If you get only 50% of the Camoranesi from 3-4 years ago, you'll get yourself a terrific signing.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Hello and welcome.

IMO he is one of the finest winger I ever watched at Juve. Or I should correct myself - he was one of the finest wingers.

I think he's too old now and he lost it. He runs less, he's much weaker and plus he's more aggressive now. It's probably a good signing for Birmingham but you shouldn't expect too much. And one thing you should know about him - he's injury prone now too.
Dule pizdo, jel'te to Ekrem postidio pa se ne smijes vise ni javiti :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Thanks alot.

Keep Right On
Trust Big Eck.

May 22, 2007
I hate that we're basically forcing him out.
If he isn't thought to be needed, then what else are they supposed to do? There won't exactly be many clubs lining up to sign an injury prone winger in his thirties, so actively going out to find clubs interested is probably the only way to sell him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)