Mauro Camoranesi (7 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
See I disagree. We should have cut Camo loose when he wanted to leave. Because he didn't want to stay when we went down. He wanted out just as fast as the other mercenaries.

The only difference is we forced him to stay.

So yeah, they got a nice little bumper pay rise when we got back up but the contracts were too long imo. The management had no view of the future and were only looking 2 feet in front of them at the time. Add in gross inexperience and you end up with 33, 34, 35 year olds on 4-5m a year.

Can't see any of them leaving until their contracts expire. I mean honestly, If I was on 4m~ a year in the place I've lived for the last 8 years I wouldn't be going to Greece anytime soon either.
You have a fair point, no doubt. It's just that I don't see it that way.

Sure, we could have let Camo leave because he wanted to. Same goes for Trez.
But we would have been a lot less competitive if we did so. Which in turn could lead to Chiellini, Gigi, Pavel & DP wanting to leave since there wouldn't have been a short term future for the team.

At that point in time, they (the board) had to make sure we'd return to the Serie A asap. Something we pulled off.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
See I disagree. We should have cut Camo loose when he wanted to leave. Because he didn't want to stay when we went down. He wanted out just as fast as the other mercenaries.

The only difference is we forced him to stay.

So yeah, they got a nice little bumper pay rise when we got back up but the contracts were too long imo. The management had no view of the future and were only looking 2 feet in front of them at the time. Add in gross inexperience and you end up with 33, 34, 35 year olds on 4-5m a year.

Can't see any of them leaving until their contracts expire. I mean honestly, If I was on 4m~ a year in the place I've lived for the last 8 years I wouldn't be going to Greece anytime soon either.
You have a fair point, no doubt. It's just that I don't see it that way.

Sure, we could have let Camo leave because he wanted to. Same goes for Trez.
But we would have been a lot less competitive if we did so. Which in turn could lead to Chiellini, Gigi, Pavel & DP wanting to leave since there wouldn't have been a short term future for the team.

At that point in time, they (the board) had to make sure we'd return to the Serie A asap. Something we pulled off.
you both have valid points, but the key thib is that maybe their contacts should not have been as long as we gave them. keeping them was not a mistake

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Mauro Camoranesi will meet up with his Juventus team-mates on Sunday after his move to Olympiacos fell through.

The 33-year-old looks increasingly likely to stay in Turin despite the club's best efforts to sell him as part of an extensive squad overhaul.

Speaking to Calciomercato.com, Camoranesi's agent Sergio Fortunato said: “Mauro has a contract until 2011 and he'll attend training camp on Sunday.

“I will stay in Italy for a few days. He arrives today. Like I have already said many times, I am not the one who has to find alternatives, the club does.

“At the moment there aren't any and he doesn't mind staying. I think that players like Mauro and Trezeguet have already shown over many years that they deserve this shirt. It's the new players who have to show that they are ready for Juve.

“There aren't any other official deals. If we have to leave, we will do it for a team that we like. Let's be clear, Olympiacos represent an interesting solution, but we are not talking about Manchester United or Real Madrid.

“Juventus are a great team,”
he concluded.

FI

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Mauro Camoranesi will meet up with his Juventus team-mates on Sunday after his move to Olympiacos fell through.

The 33-year-old looks increasingly likely to stay in Turin despite the club's best efforts to sell him as part of an extensive squad overhaul.

Speaking to Calciomercato.com, Camoranesi's agent Sergio Fortunato said: “Mauro has a contract until 2011 and he'll attend training camp on Sunday.

“I will stay in Italy for a few days. He arrives today. Like I have already said many times, I am not the one who has to find alternatives, the club does.

“At the moment there aren't any and he doesn't mind staying. I think that players like Mauro and Trezeguet have already shown over many years that they deserve this shirt. It's the new players who have to show that they are ready for Juve.

“There aren't any other official deals. If we have to leave, we will do it for a team that we like. Let's be clear, Olympiacos represent an interesting solution, but we are not talking about Manchester United or Real Madrid.

“Juventus are a great team,”
he concluded.

FI

I know its a long shot but if he can stay healthy then we'll have a really good season ahead of us

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We made so many mistakes with Camo again and again, the lack of vision brought us in this way out. We will keep him and thats probably DN said that we only need just one winger.
Not the best course of action, as we rushed to buy 2winger subs, before we secure any starters and see what happens to the winger-sub we already had (Camo)
I expect the same thing to happen at the offense, as well (with Treze+Dzeko) and hopefully this will teach us and we will stop repeating the same mistakes again and again and again...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

“Juventus are a great team,” he concluded.

FI
I can not emphasize this enough. Spot-freaking-on.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
what makes you think that ?

i would call someone a mercenary if he thought about a move to inter, while we are getting relegated...

he was forced to stay with us, just like trezeguet ... i have an elephants memory regarding stuff like this

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the bottom line is that he didn't bail on us when we needed him the most...I appreciate every player, even Boumsong or Zebina for that season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)