Mauro Camoranesi (37 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Us selling Camoranesi might seem very unlikely at the time.
It would make sense however when you consider his injuries, his major drop in form these past 2 seasons & the fact that we'll most likely play without wingers next season.
He'll almost certainly have a very difficult time to break into the team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
in all honesty, despite his loyalty i would consider selling camo because of his injury bug. he has missed too much time in the 2 seasons we've been back in Serie A.

i will admit that when he is playing it does wonders for our attack but the risk is not worth the reward IMO. camo is replaceable and the sooner the better if possible.

Apr 19, 2007
It would make sense however when you consider his injuries, his major drop in form these past 2 seasons & the fact that we'll most likely play without wingers next season.
I admit that Camo has disappointed last season because of injuries and form. The season before I think we all agreed he was one of our best players when playing and completely controlled play. I think he can return to that form. As far as selling him because he is a liability. Who wants to pay that sallary plus a transfer fee for an injured off form player that is a risk. I think we are better off keeping him and hope he returns to form. Also I think he could play in one of these formations but we might have to tweak it a little for him. If he is on form we could run th 4-2-3-1 with him on one side of the 3 diego or DP in the middle and gio or diego on the other side. That would definately work imo.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
we must keep camo! first of all we can not lose neddy camo and trez in 1 season wow i would die...
and 2nd he is still one of the best right wingers in the world. he may have been hit by injurys but than again who hasn't this season

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Major drop in form the past two seasons? No way! He may not have been great this past season - something that often happens with a long injury layoff - but he was outstanding after coming back from injury in 07-08.

I actually thought that along with ADP, Camo was our best offensive player in the second half of that season. He was involved in a ton of goals...

Not to mention he was clutch against Inter that year!

Nope, for me, losing Pavel is enough; Camo must stay; even if he struggles to lock down a starting spot at times, he'll be part of a quality midfield with plenty of depth. If he underperforms this year, or has huge issues with injury, then next summer I could see how one could say that it might make sense for us to sell the player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)