Mauro Camoranesi (92 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Camo is a top candidate for Juve's best player of the season.
Camo is definitely our best player of the season. The argument that ADP should be is inane just because he started more games than Mauro. Its not how much you play, its how much you contribute when you play, its your impact on the game. If you think about what he has done this season and his overall performance ratings in the matches he has played he has had better ratings average compared to anyone you name in the same # of matches or in the same matches themselves.

My candidates would be Camo and Trez, but ultimately MGC would earn the honor of being our top player of the season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Blog: Wing commander

Mauro Camoranesi has proved his worth in recent weeks. Antonio Labbate praises Juventus’ unsung hero.

Where would Juventus have been without Mauro Camoranesi in 2007-08? It’s a query worth pondering, especially when you take into account what kind of form the South American has been in this term. But the real question, given the extent of the winger’s scintillating performances, is what more could the Old Lady have achieved had he been available to them all season?

It has been a campaign of two halves for the former Verona player. Held back by niggling injuries in the early part, only in the final few months of the campionato has he been able to fully serve the Juve cause. His appearance against Lazio on Sunday was just his 20th from a possible 35 League games, a tally which has potentially cost the club some valuable points.

That statement is purely hypothetical of course, but one must take into account just what Camoranesi has added to the Bianconeri’s Champions League push. He’s ‘only’ scored five goals – two of which were against Inter – but he’s developed into an accomplished goal maker in the final straight.

It was the 31-year-old who grabbed all three assists in the 3-2 win over Milan, he then provided two more in the 3-0 over Parma and got another treble – as well as a goal – in the 5-2 destruction of Lazio at the weekend. That victory ensured a top four finish, but with Roma just five points ahead in second there will be a touch of regret amongst the most demanding fans in Turin.

Claudio Ranieri is clearly aware of Mauro’s ability and the tactician has done nothing to hide his admiration for the international. “Camoranesi is the key to everything,” said the Juve boss. “He is a player who gives me the opportunity to change the shape of the team. He’s a universal midfielder, a godsend. He’s a playmaker who adores the wing, but he’s also one who is more than willing to sacrifice himself for the team.”

That’s high praise indeed for an individual who is often belittled for not singing the Italian national anthem and a man who clearly had difficulties in accepting the fact that Juventus just wouldn’t let him leave after demotion. Some questioned the club’s faith in him at the time, but no more. Camoranesi, as he has proved, is just as important as any in that black and white shirt.

Football Italia

what's he on about? since when is camo an UNSUNG hero?! :confused:

great article otherwise but i don't agree muc with him being unsung! that wud def have to be zanetti

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
As good as Camo has been, he would get no more than an honourable mention in my player of the season list.

He just hasn't played enough games.

Alex, Trez, Zanetti, Buffon and Chiellini would all be ahead of Camo for me because they have consistently contributed throughout the season.

Does someone want to open a 'Player of the Season' thread? I would do it, but I can't be bothered.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
As good as Camo has been, he would get no more than an honourable mention in my player of the season list.

He just hasn't played enough games.

Alex, Trez, Zanetti, Buffon and Chiellini would all be ahead of Camo for me because they have consistently contributed throughout the season.

Does someone want to open a 'Player of the Season' thread? I would do it, but I can't be bothered.
I'll do the thread, where would be the best place to start it would u say?

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
:rofl: :lol:

just to let you know that forzadelpiero10 is a chick

this is priceless christina, definitely sig material :D
lol haha, i didnt really look at who posted, i just said cool man without any thought, but i see why it would be funny. no offense meant or anything lol. Just saw already done, and proceeded to post back.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
:rofl: :lol:

just to let you know that forzadelpiero10 is a chick

this is priceless christina, definitely sig material :D
:D Happens all the time.
lol haha, i didnt really look at who posted, i just said cool man without any thought, but i see why it would be funny. no offense meant or anything lol. Just saw already done, and proceeded to post back.
None taken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)