Mauro Camoranesi (105 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let's now start bashing Camoranesi, shall we?

We are now entering a new era, The Bash Camoranesi Era (2007-03-01 until. ???)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If this is true, i lost the respect i had for camo.
That's mainly because you, my dear friend, are a blatant moron. You can say whatever you want, but it wasn't you running those laps around the football pitch ever since you were 5. Camoranesi's absolutely right. He worked his ass off to get where he is now and he doesn't deserve to play in Serie B. Del Piero and co want to stay and they're doing us a big favour. Camoranesi has other ideals and should have been allowed to leave as he indeed does not have to pay for other people's crimes.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Read the actual quotes not the headlines, it's not THAT bad. Regardless, Camoranesi still stayed in serie B, no matter how you look at it and he always gives his best when he playes; calling him an idiot is kind of.. idiotic.
This was during the bright past of his. :eyebrows:

Jul 24, 2006
Hey - I am new to threads and such but I just have to say - this animal cost the match against Napoli in the Coppa no? He was clearly aggrieved at having to stay, came straight on - first game for him of the season - and started charging around like an imbecile!
I can't understand why a player with so little regard for his behaviour gets any defense from you. He only stayed BECAUSE HE WAS FORCED! And lets not forget a Coppa run might have led to Europe repeat might and I know the squad is often stretched enough.
But still, this is a "modern professional player" not worth mentioning in the same breath as Buffon, DelPiero or Nedved.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Camoranesi's absolutely right. He worked his ass off to get where he is now and he doesn't deserve to play in Serie B. Del Piero and co want to stay and they're doing us a big favour. Camoranesi has other ideals and should have been allowed to leave as he indeed does not have to pay for other people's crimes.
:agree::agree::agree:
i couldnt agree more, if a player wants to leave then they should, its their career and their choice, but its the players that jumped ship in the summer and then talked sh*t (and u kats know who i'm talking about) that deserve the bashing for opening their jizz receptacles

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
I don't know why people react so harsh on Camoranesi. I understand every word he said and it wasn't the first time he said these things.

He fought with his teammates on the pitch and due to actions of certain officials he not only lost the results of his hard work (2 Scudetti) but has to play in Serie B now. As a 30-year-old midfielder you don't have many years left to play one the highest level. So this is very frustrating for him. Plus, he had the chance to play for Lyon and to win championships and maybe even CL.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Hey - I am new to threads
welcome kid :pint:

BECAUSE HE WAS FORCED[/b]!
:confused2
i dont know if he was forced cuz i thought he stayed on his own accord. but nevertheless if he was indeed forced than he has more of the right to be disgruntled and complacent. he is not a detriment to the club, do not forget that he helped win scudetti and that he as a person has the right to do what makes himself happy in life. he has the ability and skill to still play at a higher level than B, it is not for us to judge whether he is good or bad for leaving. we as fans should not judge him for that.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Do you people expect all players to act as robots in interviews? "I am enjoying my time here, I love the club, the players, flower power and peace for all"?

Mauro's at least being honest, and I understand his frustration. Imagine working for a company, and then another one gives you a better offer. Do I even have to ask whether you would take it or not? Don't forget that footballer is a profession. He did not go on a strike like Ibrahimovic, but instead he is playing week in and out and honouring his contract in a league way below his ability. Interesting that players like Cannavaro and Zambrotta who left but who said what the fans wanted to hear (truth or not, we'll never know), are treated as saints.

Hypocrites.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Apparently this was an old story when Camo was pissed at the start of the year and some French media took that news and rehashed it to make some noise and then that Argentinian paper reported that news. Lyon wants to create some trouble?

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Welcome, Attilio!

Apparently this was an old story when Camo was pissed at the start of the year and some French media took that news and rehashed it to make some noise and then that Argentinian paper reported that news. Lyon wants to create some trouble?
I'm glad I held off. I was wary of saying anything because of so much trash being written by the media. They're probably doing this to stir up trouble.

Jul 24, 2006
Thx for the welcome.
Yeah I see all of your points I just feel that these guys are paid a good deal of money to do a job for the club. We support them with nothing in return and it casts a poor light on him to 'accept' serie b and then continually cause angst on or off the pitch.
As you guys say at least he is honest. I too care little for Emerson or Canna's words after the fact. Canna, Zambro, Emerson and Thuram left so quickly there can be little doubt that the club was already moving to shift them before the verdicts were finalized.
I just really hated his showing against Napoli I guess. Made me so mad! I thought we were done with that sort of thing when Davids finally left.

Jul 24, 2006
Welcome, Attilio!

I'm glad I held off. I was wary of saying anything because of so much trash being written by the media. They're probably doing this to stir up trouble.
Most definitely. Was not the Gerrard chat from Deschamps a response to Benitez naming Trezeguet as a target?
There is a LOT of jockeying going on right now ahead of the summer market.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
@seven (I) (ME) i'm not hating on Camoranesi cos he wants to leave he can go where ever he wants for all i care!
Why is he talking to the media and not Juve.
Uyela batho komo!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Either these comments are old and Berlusconi is behind this media bullshit or Camo has said this recently .. If he has, I hope he leaves very soon.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Either these comments are old and Berlusconi is behind this media bullshit or Camo has said this recently .. If he has, I hope he leaves very soon.
Cobolli Gigli, interviewed at Milan prior to a Lega Calcio meeting, also calmed the storm provoked by some statements attributed to Juve winger Mauro Camoranesi yesterday.

“Those declarations were from last November and then initially published in December,” underlined the Juventus chief.

“[Sporting director] Alessio Secco already discussed the issue with the player when the statements were fresh.

“It’s old news and Camoranesi is now really working hard in our shirt and in the Azzurri jersey.”

------------------

so, it seems the first option is more possible...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Gazzetta dello Sport

Camoranesi: ‘I’m a prisoner’

He should have got a relegation release clause put in his contract. It's just his bad luck that the club needs him badly. While normally I wouldn't keep players against their will, this season is clearly exceptional circumstances.

Think it is unprofessional of him to make it public and he should be sold in the summer and be thanked for his work this season but I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

OP

Camo

Jul 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #840
    Read the actual quotes not the headlines, it's not THAT bad. Regardless, Camoranesi still stayed in serie B, no matter how you look at it and he always gives his best when he playes; calling him an idiot is kind of.. idiotic.
    I totally agree with you. Camoranesi did not give up on his team and moved on together with them. I really admire him for his honesty and for putting up with what he believes in! He surely has come a long way and we must respect him. As for calling him names, its better to analyse the situation than blaming his honesty! cheers to Camo! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)