Mauro Camoranesi (47 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Camo lashes out Thursday 1 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro Camoranesi has hit out at Calciopoli, Juventus and international football in a controversial interview in Argentina.

The Oriundo became visibly furious when asked why he doesn’t sing the Italian national anthem before international matches and unleashed a tirade against the Press.

“Italian journalists keep annoying me about this issue, I told them that I don’t even know the Argentine anthem,” he told Ole newspaper.

“They have to stop it, however I have to say that since I became a world champion they have been less harsh with me,” stated the former Hellas Verona ace.

“The Seleccion has never been a priority for me and too much rubbish has been said. The truth is that Giovanni Trapattoni called me two months before Antonio Bielsa.

“Even if I have never dreamed of playing for Argentina, today I realise that I could surely be a regular because many of the players in Germany were poor,” he continued.

Camoranesi went on to astonish his interviewers with some harsh comments on Juventus and their role in the Calciopoli scandal.

“I do not believe in the ‘Moggi system’. When I go on to the pitch I don’t give a damn about what happens outside. However, something has been proved and if Juve paid for it then it must be true.

“To get where I am now has taken a lot of hard work and I am really angry that I have to pay for someone else’s errors. I wanted to leave Juve, but they stopped me.

“Everything was agreed with Lyon, but they wouldn’t let me leave. I am 30-years-old and I play in Serie B. At this point in my career I was dreaming of something else,” concluded the winger.

It is not certain whether the Bianconeri will decide to take disciplinary action against Camoranesi, but his ruthless comments will no doubt draw for criticism from some corners.
Seriously, no one in Juventus should ever be forced to stay. We're Juventus after-all we don't force and run behind players to stay....

If they find themselves happy and welling to give in Serie B, great and he would be having a good place in fan's hearts....If not, then we simply can't keep him just because he's a good player and has won the world cup or whatever.

Whoever wants to leave, SHOULD leave.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
I agree with you, Rab...

It was a stupid act to forbid any player from leaving when they wanted to do so...

If they don't have 200% enthusiasm to play, we can do without them...

By the way, for those who criticize Dominic for supporting camo, please remember that the player was mostly a great player, and all of us celebrated his best minutes on the pitch...

It's not like he's Dominic's when he says something you don't like, while when he performs good he becomes everybody's best guy...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I agree with you, Rab...

It was a stupid act to forbid any player from leaving when they wanted to do so...

If they don't have 200% enthusiasm to play, we can do without them...

By the way, for those who criticize Dominic for supporting camo, please remember that the player was mostly a great player, and all of us celebrated his best minutes on the pitch...

It's not like he's Dominic's when he says something you don't like, while when he performs good he becomes everybody's best guy...
:agree: Agreed
I used to like Camo and still like him...wheb he is motivated and happy, he can bring flair and creativity to this team like no other. :smoke:

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Never expected such a reaction of Camoranesi. But on the pitch i see something something like his face is telling "pff, f_ck off all, and then he moonwalks :smoke: "

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I'm not surprised anyways, regardless if it's true or not. I'd expect him to lash out because he has always had the worst attitude of any player on the pitch. If he wants to bounce, then he can bounce for all I care. There's many wingers out there who play with more passion than he will ever play with, whether he's in a Juventus jersey or an Inter jersey come next season.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Read the actual quotes not the headlines, it's not THAT bad. Regardless, Camoranesi still stayed in serie B, no matter how you look at it and he always gives his best when he playes; calling him an idiot is kind of.. idiotic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)