Mauro Camoranesi (106 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Good news, but if they did give pay rise to Camo, then why not do so to Nedved?!!!
IMO, Nedved deserves a pay rise more than Camo, as he took a pay cut 3 years ago...

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
Nedved is 20,000 times the player Camoranesi was, is and forever will be. I'd take a 40 year old Nedved over a 20 year old Camoranesi any day of the week and twice that on leap years.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
i can understand everybodys disgust with the work of the management lately, but you need to look at things at another perspective. Nedved is 35, Camo is 30... Juventus is a business and are looking out for their own interests. sure Nedved deserves to get paid well, sure he demands respect for his loyalty, but i doubt he is worried about the money. It could be that he is no longer motivated, or that he is worried that his body wont last another season in the top flight. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon here and criticizing our board, they are professionals...if they break their 'rules' for nedved, then when the time comes the rest of the players will expect the same.

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
i can understand everybodys disgust with the work of the management lately, but you need to look at things at another perspective. Nedved is 35, Camo is 30... Juventus is a business and are looking out for their own interests. sure Nedved deserves to get paid well, sure he demands respect for his loyalty, but i doubt he is worried about the money. It could be that he is no longer motivated, or that he is worried that his body wont last another season in the top flight. Everybody seems to be jumping on the bandwagon here and criticizing our board, they are professionals...if they break their 'rules' for nedved, then when the time comes the rest of the players will expect the same.
What rules? There are no "rules." Nedved can still give a lot to the team and has served us far better than Camoranesi, so there is nothing wrong with preferring Pavel to the Pirate. Juventus is indeed a business but it's more than just a business... it's football club based upon the success created by loyal servants such as Nedved. But apparently our board continues to disrespect such loyal servants and haven't noticed the mistakes Inter has made for over a decade. Forcing Deschamps out was just the start of it.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
What rules? There are no "rules." Nedved can still give a lot to the team and has served us far better than Camoranesi, so there is nothing wrong with preferring Pavel to the Pirate. Juventus is indeed a business but it's more than just a business... it's football club based upon the success created by loyal servants such as Nedved. But apparently our board continues to disrespect such loyal servants and haven't noticed the mistakes Inter has made for over a decade. Forcing Deschamps out was just the start of it.
Well i know what you mean but the club needs to look after its own interests. Nedved is a loyal servant and should be treated with respect, i have no doubt that the club arent offering him the money he asks, because that has never been a problem for Pavel, i believe it could be another factor, possibly referring to what he will be doin when he does finish playing. Maybe they arent willing to give him a job behind a desk. As much as every Juventino loves Nedved, we need to understand that the board cant be no pushovers, they need to stand their ground and continue working like businessmen, which is what i meant by 'rules'. If the other players see that the board are pushovers, then they will expect the same treatment in return, which is why i am in full agreement with the management drawing a line where they see fit, if something doesnt appeal to them, then it must be for a legit reason. It is more a business than a football club, you cant run a business on friendship or loyalty because it will bite you in the ass. Money talks my friend.

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
Well i know what you mean but the club needs to look after its own interests. Nedved is a loyal servant and should be treated with respect, i have no doubt that the club arent offering him the money he asks, because that has never been a problem for Pavel, i believe it could be another factor, possibly referring to what he will be doin when he does finish playing. Maybe they arent willing to give him a job behind a desk. As much as every Juventino loves Nedved, we need to understand that the board cant be no pushovers, they need to stand their ground and continue working like businessmen, which is what i meant by 'rules'. If the other players see that the board are pushovers, then they will expect the same treatment in return, which is why i am in full agreement with the management drawing a line where they see fit, if something doesnt appeal to them, then it must be for a legit reason. It is more a business than a football club, you cant run a business on friendship or loyalty because it will bite you in the ass. Money talks my friend.
Don't really see how sacrficing Nedved for Camoranesi makes any sense as we could sell Camoranesi for far more money than Pavel and the latter will have a lesser salary, if you want to talk about money here. Camoranesi is a perpetual complainer anyway and we could sacrifice him and also obtain a good sum of money, so all this disrespect to Pavel by the board is unjustified. Moreover, we also have Salihamidzic and Marchionni as replacements for Camoranesi... if we throw away Nedved we'll be stuck without a left-winger. Sounds like an intelligent decision.

Yeah, so good work, board.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Don't really see how sacrficing Nedved for Camoranesi makes any sense as we could sell Camoranesi for far more money than Pavel and the latter will have a lesser salary, if you want to talk about money here. Camoranesi is a perpetual complainer anyway and we could sacrifice him and also obtain a good sum of money, so all this disrespect to Pavel by the board is unjustified. Moreover, we also have Salihamidzic and Marchionni as replacements for Camoranesi... if we throw away Nedved we'll be stuck without a left-winger. Sounds like an intelligent decision.

Yeah, so good work, board.
Look, we dont know for sure what is going on behind the scenes. Im sure the board arent so stupid to leave that left mid position free. They have either already convinced Nedved to stay and we dont know about it, or they have already lined up his replacement. As for Camoranesi, he is almost certain to stay.

Apr 12, 2004
Camo secures Juve contract
Tuesday 10 July, 2007
Mauro Camoranesi has extended his contract with Juventus until 2010, announced his agent.

The World Cup winner had warned only last night he would leave the club unless he received an increased salary.

However, this evening a smiling Camoranesi walked into the Bianconeri headquarters in Turin and agent Sergio Fortunato confirmed to waiting reporters that the negotiations had been concluded.

The winger put pen to paper on a new deal tying him to Juventus until June 30, 2010, a one-year extension on his current agreement.

Camoranesi is now ready to join the team at its pre-season training camp and will earn £1.9m per season.

Juve general manager Jean Claude Blanc had stated earlier today that he was “optimistic” over their chances of keeping Camoranesi.

The only major players in the side whose contracts still need to be sorted out are Pavel Nedved – who has threatened to retire rather than accept the wages offered so far – and captain Alessandro Del Piero.

There are even rumours flying around the Italian media that the reason for Nedved’s reticence to accept the Juventus pay deal lies in an exciting proposal from Inter.

There would be nothing preventing the Czech maestro from joining the Nerazzurri, as his contract expired last week.

www.channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)