Maurizio Sarri (201 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I'd take just about anyone.

Does anybody honestly think any other Serie A coach would have done a worse job this season?
My only requirement is that it should be a coach who will do whatever it takes to win. It shouldn't be another deluded football romantic who believes that football can and should be played in only one way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
If you think Sari is the only problem or the biggest problem we have then you are just choosing to be ignorant. Sarri didn't sell Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio. Sarri didn't buy Khedira, Ramsay, Matuidi, Ramsay, Danilo. Sarri didn't extend Matuidi and Khedira for another year. Sarri didn't sell Spinazolla and give away Pellegrini.

Blaming Sarri is just choosing to ignore all the other gaps we have in this squad. You think Pep or Zizou could do much better with the current fullbacks and midfield?
Do you think Lyon have a better squad than Juventus?

Do you think the Lyon squad is so much better that even after not playing in months they still have a better squad than Juventus?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Luck was not on his side, but luck cant take you any further.
1. penalty
2. berna’s miss on empty goal.
3. higuain’s header
4. Ronaldo’s header (but he made it up with that wonder goal).

i would respect Sarri if he resigns, rather than getting fired (which i suppose wont happen due to financialy difficulties). Or he if the club does want to stick with him at least they should get him the players he can implement his football. Otherwise it would be another failure next year. He doesnt have the flexibility of Allegri, even his style deserves a lot to be desired but at least it would be wise to give another try by giving him the players he wants.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
1. penalty
3. higuain’s header

i would respect Sarri if he resigns, rather than getting fired (which i suppose wont happen due to financialy difficulties). Or he if the club does want to stick with him at least they should get him the players he can implement his football. Otherwise it would be another failure next year. He doesnt have the flexibility of Allegri, even his style deserves a lot to be desired but at least it would be wise to give another try by giving him the players he wants.
Bro. Every team misses chances. You shouldn't have to rely on set pieces and having to score on every single chance.
Not to mention, his defensive system (or lack thereof) is so bad that enemy teams can just run though and score with a single counter.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
not sure about pep as he's an other one trick pony, but 100% sure about zidane. man can actually adapt and make decisions based on the players at his disposal. benching james rodriguez (something that very few coaches would have done) and replacing him with casemiro made real a much better team.

sarri showed zero positive flexibility this season, and that includes his pathetic attempt of trying everyone but buffon at trequartista.

Karna

May 17, 2019
If you think Sari is the only problem or the biggest problem we have then you are just choosing to be ignorant. Sarri didn't sell Pogba, Vidal, Marchisio. Sarri didn't buy Khedira, Ramsay, Matuidi, Ramsay, Danilo. Sarri didn't extend Matuidi and Khedira for another year. Sarri didn't sell Spinazolla and give away Pellegrini.

Blaming Sarri is just choosing to ignore all the other gaps we have in this squad. You think Pep or Zizou could do much better with the current fullbacks and midfield?
Yes they could definitely do a better job than Sarri did this with team. Our players aren't complete bullshit. They are just uninspired.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
My only requirement is that it should be a coach who will do whatever it takes to win. It shouldn't be another deluded football romantic who believes that football can and should be played in only one way.
There are not many good coaches out there unless we want to go back to Allegri which I think is the best option at the moment due short turnaround for the new season

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Do you think Lyon have a better squad than Juventus?

Do you think the Lyon squad is so much better that even after not playing in months they still have a better squad than Juventus?
They have better fullbacks and a better midfield. We have better CB's and Ronaldo. Higuain and Bernardeschi are inferior to Depay. So offensively we have the slight edge. Overall Lyon are not much weaker than us.

My personal opinion has always been that games are won in the middle of the park. When we had the strongest midfield in Europe, we went toe to toe with the most electrifying attack (MSN) we've seen in Europe over the last 15 years.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Bro. Every team misses chances. You shouldn't have to rely on set pieces and having to score on every single chance.
Not to mention, his defensive system (or lack thereof) is so bad that enemy teams can just run though and score with a single counter.
I agree, but our players cant make simple passes, did you not see cuads making 3 straight wrong passes in 2nd half. We have no fullbacks no wingers. 4-3-3 without fullbacks and wingers is a failure.

Karna

May 17, 2019
1. penalty
3. higuain’s header

First thing you could do is change your profile picture.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I agree, but our players cant make simple passes, did you not see cuads making 3 straight wrong passes in 2nd half. We have no fullbacks no wingers. 4-3-3 without fullbacks and wingers is a failure.
It's on the coach to bring the best out of his players. Sarri is far from the only reason for this failure, but we should have beat this Lyon team even without a coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 197)