Maurizio Sarri (20 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
curious, has anyone from upper management publicly declared faith in Sarri lately? Or anything similar about his future?

@Mark, any rumors from decent sources on his future?

Got to imagine, Covid or not, Agnelli is not thrilled with our league campaign this season.

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
curious, has anyone from upper management publicly declared faith in Sarri lately? Or anything similar about his future?

Got to imagine, Covid or not, Agnelli is not thrilled with our league campaign this season.
https://www.ilbianconero.com/a/quel...ce-ringrazia-tutti-tranne-sarri-ha-gia--88188

According to this article Agnelli acknowledged it was a tough year and didn't thank Sarri in the Pirlo press conference. What does it all mean? Who knows. But I can't imagine him being too thrilled with what he saw this year.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

paratici said before one late game that all rumors about firing sarri are laughable. then again, that's the only acceptable public answer if your team is one or two steps from the title.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
paratici said before one late game that all rumors about firing sarri are laughable. then again, that's the only acceptable public answer if your team is one or two steps from the title.
I suppose that can be interpreted though as him saying Sarri won't be fired this season though not necessarily backing/ confirming him for another season.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

We'll have to wait and see. :baus:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I just want a CL title and don't care who is the manager. Looking at the entire season regardless of what players were/weren't available, I honestly can't say Sarri has been an improvement over Max for the purpose of getting the Trophy. In reality I would no doubt give Max the nod as being better. For me looking over previously serie A champs, when has the team winning the title ranked 4th in goal difference? No doubt the soccer Gods have been on Sarri's side.

League season done and team as not shown any progression of playing with consistent form! It's like hit or miss on any given day. Bottom line for me: Sarri finds a way to advance past Lyon or no issue with him going. Loved his offensive approach but hasn't worked out in Turin. Please soccer Gods, continue to let the peasant have his day in the sun.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
https://www.ilbianconero.com/a/quel...ce-ringrazia-tutti-tranne-sarri-ha-gia--88188

According to this article Agnelli acknowledged it was a tough year and didn't thank Sarri in the Pirlo press conference. What does it all mean? Who knows. But I can't imagine him being too thrilled with what he saw this year.
Let me clear that out a bit, i'd say the most important aspect to take from it is that he is not willing to listen to excuses.

Or at least that's the impression he transmitted when mentioning that altough he knows this was an difficult season with out of the ordinary circumstances it's also a fact that at the end of the year what matters is who wins the title and not how tough it was, in history we will remain as the winners of this Seria A with no acceptable excuses(if we would've bottled it) as we weren't the only ones in this situation, also that overall we are equipped from all aspects to be competitive, and seemingly that is the same that will apply for the upcoming Lyon game, we have to get the job done no matter how difficult it might be, just focus on ourselfs without looking to blame it on other outside factors/obstacles if it doesn't go our way.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

I think it does mean something. It's odd, he thanked Paratici, Nedved and Cherubini for the title, and apparently never even mentioned Sarri.

Said he hopes Pirlo makes the way to the main squad someday..

It doesn't mean Sarri is leaving if he doesn't beat Lyon, but it does signs to the point of Andrea not being a huge fan.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I think it does mean something. It's odd, he thanked Paratici, Nedved and Cherubini for the title, and apparently never even mentioned Sarri.

Said he hopes Pirlo makes the way to the main squad someday..

It doesn't mean Sarri is leaving if he doesn't beat Lyon, but it does signs to the point of Andrea not being a huge fan.[/QUOTE]
Not a fan of some of his excuses so far, that's for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)